By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$1,000 /year|
|Applications Begin:||August 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Science in Wildlife Enterprise and Management|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Agriculture and Environmental Studies|
|Application Deadline:||September 2021|
Duration, Loading and Mode of Delivery
The programme shall cover four academic years of two semesters each. Each semester shall consist of fifteen (15) weeks with two weeks for examination At the end of third year semester II, the students will undergo an eight-week field attachment.
The duration for Diploma holders will depend on the number of credit factors transferred . per the University regulations. To graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in Wildlife Enterprise 8c Management a candidate MUST have completed a minimum of 163.5 Credit Factors.
Candidates must have attained at least a mean grade of C-F at Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) level or other equivalent examination or qualification recognized by the Chuka University Senate. In addition, the candidates must have at least grade C+ in Maths/physics, C+ in Biota, or B- in Biological Sciences, C in Chemistry, B- in Geography or History and Government, and at least C+ in English or Kiswahili at K. C. S. E.
Applications should be on official forms available at the University Main Campus at Chuka, Igembe Campus at Ntuene or Keigoi High School, Embu Campus in Embu Town, Chogoria Campus at Nturiri High School, Tharaka Campus at Gatunga High School, OR Website: www.chuka.ac.ke; A Non-refundable fee of KES 3000 for Phd programmes, KES 2,000 for degree and diploma programmes and KES 1000 for certificate courses will equally be deposited.
The following documents should be made available:
– Originals & a copy of all Transcripts, Diplomas or Certificates (All originals, where necessary, will be returned)
– One recent passport size photograph (write your name on reverse side)
– Copy of the National Identity Card or Birth Certificate
– Preferred Campus should be indicated on the application form
– Certified copies of certificates and original fee payment receipt MUST be attached to the application form and returned latest two weeks prior to the commencement dates given for the programmes
Expected Learning Outcomes
By the end of this study programme, learners are expected to be able to:
– Manage wildlife enterprises including national parks, reserves and conservancies
– Provide advisory services on matters of Ix 44,16 to resource use law and policy.
– Undertake inventories of wildlife resources and evaluate impacts of resource use on sustainability of wildlife ecosystems.
– Participate and provide leadership in the formulation of appropriate early warning systems in respect of wildlife ecosystem change.
– Venture in wildlife resource based entrepreneurship and ecological monitoring.
– Analyze and explain interactive relationships between humans and the physical, biological and social environment and relate the emanating issues to the sustainability and integrity of wildlife biodiversity.
– Pursue graduate studies in wildlife resources management.
– Provide wildlife consumptive and non-consumptive extension services. State the impacts of climate change on wildlife resources, adaptive and mitigation strategies.
– Apply GIS and Remote sensing technologies in monitoring and inana(timent of wikilife resources. Perform ecological monitoring.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students: $1,000
Tuition fee per year for Kenyan Students = KES. 110,000
Tuition fee per year for International Students = KES 137,500
– The Institute reserves the right to change fees without prior notice. However, fee changes are subject to approval by the Governing Council.
– The University policy obliges students to pay the full amount of fees as required on the first day of reporting before they are registered.