By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$377 /year|
|Applications Begin:||March 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Vocational Studies in Agriculture with Education|
|Start Date:||August 2021|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Vocational Studies|
|Campus:||Kyambogo Hill Campus|
|Application Deadline:||May 2021|
The Bachelor of Vocational Studies in Agriculture with Education (B.Voc. Agric/Ed) started in 2000/2001 as a pre-service programme targeting holders of Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) or its equivalent and a diploma in agriculture-related disciplines as well as mature age entrants.
Kyambogo University through the Department of Agriculture contributes to national reforms of generating a cadre of youth who can take interest in investing in agriculture by training graduates with sufficient vocational knowledge and skills to handle the teaching of agriculture in secondary schools and in training institutions as a vocational subject.
In order to address the national reforms and keep aligned with the national and global trends, the Bachelor of Vocational Studies in Agriculture with Education was designed to meet two general objectives:
– Teach, develop and implement curriculum in vocational agriculture for schools and colleges,
– Cause transformation of agricultural production for food and income security in communities through, attracting the youth into agricultural production as a vocation and ensuring environmental protection and sustainability.
The programme is to enable students:
– Demonstrate academic and professional knowledge, skills, values and attitudes in vocational agriculture,
– Competently and effectively teach agriculture as a vocational subject in Secondary Schools, and Teacher Training Colleges,
– Analyze and interpret the contemporary social, political and economic roles of agricultural education in society and apply the best educational practices,
– Develop, evaluate and implement vocational agriculture curriculum and other educational resources and
– Carry out research in agricultural sciences and production.
The Bachelor of Vocational Studies in Agriculture with Education Programme is delivered in both day and evening programme formats and is completed in Six Semesters. The programme is run under the Semester System where the Academic Year is composed of two (2) Semesters and a Recess Term. A Semester shall is seventeen (17) weeks with fifteen (15) weeks of teaching and two (2) weeks for examinations. The duration of the Recess Term is ten (10) weeks.
Admission to the Bachelor of Vocational Studies in Agriculture with Education Programme shall be done in accordance with the University procedures and regulations.
In addition, the candidate shall be eligible for admission to the Programme on meeting any of the following minimum requirements:
For the admission under the direct entry, the candidate must have:
– The Uganda Certificate of Education or it’s equivalent.
– At least two principal passes in Agriculture and Biology obtained at the same sitting of the Advanced Certificate of Education Examinations or its equivalent.
Mature Age Entry
A candidate must pass the Mature Age entry Examination of Kyambogo University and National Council for Higher Education.
A candidate must have passed with at least a Second-class Diploma in Agriculture or related fields from a recognized Institution.
Entry into Year Two
A candidate with at least a Second-class Diploma in Education (Secondary) having taken Agriculture as a double main subject from Kyambogo University and recognized National Teachers Colleges will join in Year II of study.
How To Apply
To apply online, the students need to do the following:
– Make sure they have the relevant documents need.
– Have and Email Address and Internet Connection.
– Visit the Admission Portal = https://admissions.kyu.ac.ug/
** All Applications are done Online
** An Application fee of 50,000 UGX for local students and 110,270 UGX for International Students has to be paid.
** Applications begin in March and end in May.
A graduate of this Program can pursue careers as:
– Agriculture teachers in secondary schools and Teacher Training Colleges, as well as
– Agricultural extension, agricultural development officers and Agriculture researchers
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Ugandan and East African Community Students: $377
Tuition fees for Ugandan Students = 1,400,000 UGX
Tuition fees for International Students = 2,100,000 UGX
– Students from other countries in the East African Community (EAC) pay the same amount as local students. The EAC countries include; Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi and South Sudan.
– The University reviews tuition fees on a regular basis.
– There are other functional fees and other costs that you might incur while studying. These include costs for internship, research, medical fees and other expenses that you might include such as photocopying, printing, buying specialized equipment and tools.