By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$1,897 /year|
|Applications Begin:||January 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Theology|
|Start Date:||January 2022|
|Academic Unit:||School of Arts and Humanities|
|Application Deadline:||November 2021|
Pastors in the 21st century need specialized training in order to be equipped to minister in the contemporary African context because African societies have experienced, and continue to experience, dramatic changes for which pastors need to be prepared.
Pastors in the 21st century need specialized training in order to be equipped to minister in the contemporary African context because African societies have experienced, and continue to experience, dramatic changes for which pastors need to be prepared. These include, without being limited to:
– The influence of urbanization.
– The more educated and modernized church member.
– The false teaching and doctrinal heresies propagated in some churches.
– The new phenomena of mega churches and their unique needs.
– The social political and social economic challenges that face Christians today.
There are more Christians and churches in Africa than ever before. The existing churches are growing even larger in terms of membership. Yet many of the pastors are not adequately trained to address such changes.
The Bachelor of Theology degree programme at Daystar University will provide the specialized training needed for those preparing for pastoral ministry for church related work (chaplains, counsellors, youth pastors), to be scholars / theologians or for those preparing for further training in pastoral ministry for example Master of Divinity degree.
Daystar University’s B.Th. Programme will be different from those of other institutions that offer the same degree because the liberal arts programme will provide students with a broad-based knowledge of the world around them through the required General Education courses. The training will be practical and interdenominational because most of the faculty in the Biblical & Religious Studies department is either pastors or leaders in a variety of local churches.
The programme will also be unique because of the institution’s accreditation status and because the programme is designed to train, not just pastors, but also scholars / theologians.
As society moves into the post-modern age, Christianity in Africa is leading the way in preserving the spiritual dimension of the human being, which the North has nearly lost to the age of science and reason. God is still very much alive in Africa. Most Christians in Africa believe the Bible is the authoritative Word of God, respect it and follow it. In the last 100 years the church has grown faster in Africa than anywhere else in the world. As a consequence, the shift of the centre of gravity of Christianity seems to be moving from North to South.
African theologians are now faced with the monumental task of carrying the theological mantle and have only just begun to scratch the surface in discovering their deep theological and philosophical roots. Trained theologians are needed now, more than ever before, to fulfil this urgent mission.
The B.Th. programme will contain a solid core of required courses in both academic and professional subjects, as well as an internship supervised by a full time pastor.
– Basic Computer Knowledge
– Communication and Culture 1
– Old Testament Introduction and Survey
– Financial Accounting
– Advanced Reading
– ART 111
– ART 111 OR MUS 111 OR LIT 111
– MAT 102
– Introduction to Philosophy
– New Testament Introduction and Survey
– Communication and Culture 2
– Environmental Science
– Advanced Writing
– Introduction to Ethics
– Health and Physical Fitness
– African Societies and Traditional Religion
– Comparative World Religions
– Introduction to Christian Ministries
– Introduction to Bible Doctrines
– Comparative World Religions
– Introduction to African Philosophy & Religion
– Introduction to Counseling
– Wisdom Literature
– Christianity and Islam in Africa
– Worship in Africa
– Studying Theology in the African context
– Public Speaking
– Hebrew Prophets
– Research Methods in Theology
– Historical Foundations of the Modern World
– History of Christianity up to 1500C.E
– Evangelism and Discipleship
– History of Christianity from 1500C.E
– Introduction to N.T Greek
– Church Administration
– Synoptic Gospels
– African Philosophy and Religion
– New Testament Greek
– God and his Kingdom (Systematic Theology 1)
– Christ and Redemption (Systematic Theology 2)
– Theology and Development
– Denominational History, Doctrine and Polity
– Holy Spirit and the Church (Systematic Theology 3)
– Practicum in Christian Ministries (Internship)
– Development of Modern Africa and Christian Values
Applicants seeking admission into the programme must satisfy the following:
– Be born-again Christian
– Be proficient in the English language, and
– Satisfy any of the following minimum requirements
Be a holder of Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) with a minimum aggregate of C+ (Plus) or its equivalent Examination Certificate. In addition, a prospective Applicant must have obtained a B-(minus) in either History or Christian Religious Education (CRE) in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education or its Equivalent Examination Certificate
Daystar admission forms are collected from either Athi-River campus or the Nairobi campus. On completion, the form is handed back to the registrar office with a fee of KSh. 2,000 which is not refundable. Deadlines for the application are; 30th November, 30th April and 31st July for January, May and August intakes respectively. Other required documents are:
– Two recent passport size photos for Kenyan student and four for international students all having names at the back
– Secondary, post-secondary, university or college certificates.
– Financial Information Sheet (Foreign students need to include a financial letter from sponsor guaranteeing payment)
– Completed student information sheet and copy of your passport (For foreign students only).
Career opportunities for Bachelor of Science in Environmental Health include:
– Healthcare Worker.
– Religious Teacher.
– Relief Worker.
– Children Pastor.
– Resident Doctor.
– Non-profit Administrator.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students: $1,897
*Tuition fees per year for Kenyan Students = 205,120KES
*Tuition fees per year for Foreign Students= 211,120KES
International Students pay an additional 6000KES (Day students), 8000KES (Boarding Students) of orientation fees to the normal tuition fees.
All fees for each semester are payable in advance or before the date of registration by bankers cheque or direct bank deposit. The University does not accept cash payments or money orders. In order to assist sponsors who cannot raise full fees, the University allows payment of tuition and hostel fees in four equal monthly instalments from the first day of the semester. Sponsors wishing to pay the fees by instalments must apply to the Finance Manager before the semester begins.