By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$1,272 /year|
|Applications Begin:||January 2020|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Science in Telecommunications|
|Start Date:||September 2020|
|Academic Unit:||School of Science, Engineering and Technology|
|Application Deadline:||May 2021|
This program aims to produce graduates with:
1)A solid grounding in the basics of telecommunication systems and operations.
2)A thorough understanding of the many telecommunication technologies used not only in Kenya but all over the world.
3)The preparedness of facing and shaping the future of telecommunications in Kenya and beyond.
4)Computing and programming skills relevant to the industry and beyond.
5)The skills to design new telecommunication products and systems.
6)The skills to analyse, configure, man, maintain and install telecommunication systems.
7)A holistic understanding of the business, political and legal frameworks that govern the telecommunication industry.
8)An insider’s view of how telecommunication companies are run and managed and how to make strategic plans in the industry.
9)The ability to plan, guide and implement environmentally-aware technological change
Expected Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the programme, graduates will be able to:
1)Differentiate the various technologies used in telecommunications and be in a position to advice on the best telecommunication solutions for various client requirements.
2)Design and implement telecommunication networks.
3)Analyse telecommunication signals from various transmission modes.
4)Install, configure, man and maintain telecommunication systems.
5)Combine knowledge gained from various fields for a holistic approach to telecommunications.
6)Analyse emerging telecommunication issues in terms of their business, economic, scientific and technological importance.
7)Develop and apply technological solutions in pragmatic, environmentally-sensitive ways.
KCSE C+ with C (plain) in Mathematics, Physics and English; or Diploma in Computer Science or Information Technology with at least Credit Pass
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
How to Apply
**DOWNLOAD & PRINT Application Forms OR OBTAIN Application Forms from the Office of the Registrar (Academic Affairs)
**Duly completed forms should be returned to any of the below offices with non-refundable fee as follows:
– Undergraduate – Kshs. 1,000
– Postgraduate – Kshs. 1,500
Official Kabarak University Bank Accounts / Accepted Payment Means:
– Standard Chartered Bank – 01040-943637-01 Nakuru;
– Trans National Bank – 0040503005 Nakuru;
– Kenya Commercial Bank – 1109663161 Nakuru;
– Equity Bank – 0310294445167 Nakuru Kenyatta Avenue.
– New students – M-PESA paybill /Business number 511480- Enter your National ID Number as account number.
– Continuing students only – MPESA PayBill /Business number 983100 – Enter your Registration Number as Account number. e.g CM/M/1234/01/17 NB. Confirm that all details are correct.
Select “Pay Bill” from M-pesa menu.
Enter Kabarak University business number 983100
Enter your Full Student Admission Number as account number e.g CM/M/1234/01/16.
Enter the amount you wish to pay.
Enter your M-pesa PIN
Confirm that all details are correct
You will receive a confirmation of the transaction via SMS. Paying your Fees with M-PESA (Continuing Students Only)
Paying through M-Pesa by Non Students
– Select “Pay Bill” from M-pesa menu.
– Enter Kabarak University business number 511480
– Enter your Name or ID Number as account number.
– Enter the amount you wish to pay.
– Enter your M-pesa PIN
– Confirm that all details are correct
– You will receive a confirmation of the transaction via SMS.
No application is valid unless the appropriate application fee has been paid. Application forms can be accessed through an online application or downloaded.
The following documents should be attached to the application form:
– Copies of certificates and all transcripts
– Two (2)recent passport size photographs (write your name on reverse side)
– Copy of national ID/Passport or Birth Certificate
Additional Requirements for International Students:
– An official translation of academic records (where language of study is not English)
– A current financial guarantee letter
– A completed immigration pass form (2 forms enclosed)
– Academic document equation fee
– A copy of Passport
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– Telecom Researcher
– Field Manager
– Hardware Designer
– Electronic Designer
– Network Designer
– Product Manager
– Radio Frequency Engineer
– Network Manager.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students: $1,272
Tuition fees per year for Kenyan Students = KES 140,000
Tuition fees per year for International students = KES 140,000
– The University reserves the right to adjust fees from time to time.
– The Tuition fees does not include charges for other requirements such as medical examination, caution money, identity card, graduation etc