By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$793 /year|
|Applications Begin:||May 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Science in Statistics|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
|Academic Unit:||College of Economics and Managements|
|Application Deadline:||September 2021|
The Department of Economics and Statistics of Kampala International University recognizes the fact that students, regardless of their background in education, are supposed to have analytic approach both to normal life and academic atmosphere in order to have strong decision-making ability.
It is therefore the duty of this School to provide the students with the basic as well as advanced theoretical and practical knowledge of statistical principles in various analytical methods, and expose them to better awareness of the various factors that influence (or have influenced) modern approaches to descriptive and inferential statistics.
The Bachelors degree of Statistics has been conceived in the light of the above. It is designed in response to the current demands for strong first degrees in terms of academic and professional content so as to enable the graduates to compete competently in the ever-thinning world market.
The programme aims at producing professional Statisticians who are specialized and competent decision-makers rich in content and professional knowledge.
It takes into account the fact that recent global developments put heavy demands on the qualifications and continue to form a growing need for highly qualified people (Statisticians) to serve in their subject areas of specialization.
The Department of Economics and Statistics is consciously aware that to be able to serve and indeed survive effectively in the rapidly changing competitive environment, the academic programmes offered must be designed and developed with the clear aim of meeting high academic and professional standards of the qualifications and products of the University.
Kampala International University, like any other institution of higher learning, must live up to this challenge by offering well-articulated courses that will provoke the graduates to explore the heights in search for solutions to the many problems currently embedded in our education sector and the society as a whole.
– Candidates admitted to the programme must be holders of the Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) or its equivalent, with at least two principal passes in the relevant subjects.
– Holders of relevant Diplomas in related subjects from Kampala International University or other recognized institution will be eligible for admission to the degree course.
Kampala International University admits 3 times in a year; in December/January, March/April and August/September.
Step 1: Pick-up an application form from the Admissions office at any of our Campuses below:
– Admission office at Main Campus in Kansanga, Kampala.
– Western Campus in Bushenyi
– For international applicants in Kenya and Tanzania, visit our offices in Nairobi and Tanzania.
– For other countries, visit the KIU Liaison Offices.
– Alternatively, download an application form from KIU website: Download It Here which can be filled and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Click on the link to complete the online application: https://admissions.kiu.ac.ug (a scanned copy of the admission letter will be sent to your email, and once the application has been approved, the original copy will be collected from our Main campus in Kansanga (Admissions Office-Online Desk)
The application fee is 50,000Ug.shs for both Ugandans and International students (non-Ugandans). For online applicants, the application fee is paid to the Finance Office when you report collecting the original admission.
Step 2: Complete the application forms clearly and enclose or attach the following:
– 3 photocopies of each ‘O’ and ‘A’ Level Secondary school result slips or equivalent [Diploma and Bachelor Degree] and three certified copies of transcripts of Bachelor and Master Degrees [postgraduate degrees].
– A photocopy of a receipt for payment for the application form.
– 3 recent passport size photographs.
– Photocopies of Birth Certificate/ National ID/ Passport
Step 3: Submit a fully completed form with the required attachments to the following addresses:
– By physical submission – kindly return form and attachments to the Admission office.
– By email – kindly send it to email@example.com.
– By post – kindly send to:
The Director of Admissions, Kampala International University
Tel: +256-041-266813, +256-392001816, +256-041-267634
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– Actuarial analyst
– Civil Service fast streamer
– Data analyst
– Data scientist
– Financial risk analyst
– Investment analyst
– Market researcher
– Operational researcher
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Ugandan Students: $793
Tuition Fees for Ugandan Students = 2,924,000 UGX
Tuition Fees for International Students = 5,714,628 UGX
**The Kampala International University reserves the right to change fees without prior notice. However, fee changes are subject to approval by the Governing Council.