By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$485 /year|
|Applications Begin:||March 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Science In Sport and Leisure Management|
|Start Date:||August 2021|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Science|
|Campus:||Kyambogo Hill Campus|
|Application Deadline:||May 2021|
This programme incorporates a sports science curriculum to prepare you become an expert of the sport, leisure and recreation management. You will learn about the body’s responses, interactions and adaptations to exercise and the acquire competences requires to manage sports facilities as well as sports personnel.
Improvement in social and economic sectors has led to improvement in industrialization, standard of living, urbanization and sedentary life styles which has put premium on the emergence of the leisure industry especially among urban dwellers. In addition, sport and leisure now have a range of cultural, economic, environmental, social and political impact at international, national and local levels to deserve the attention of governments and private sectors.
This is a three-year programme with minimum entry requirements of two principal passes at A level or its equivalent in Arts or Science subjects.
How To Apply
To apply online, the students need to do the following:
– Make sure they have the relevant documents need.
– Have and Email Address and Internet Connection.
– Visit the Admission Portal = https://admissions.kyu.ac.ug/
** All Applications are done Online
** An Application fee of 50,000 UGX for local students and 110,270 UGX for International Students has to be paid.
** Applications begin in March and end in May.
This field of sport and leisure management thus provides new employment opportunities that require relevant training skills for profitability.
Some of the profitable businesses operating in this include among others:
– recreation centers,
– sports clubs,
– national sports federations,
– swimming and water leisure centers,
– parks, hotels,
– art centers,
– cultural centers,
– tourist attraction and information centers,
– tour operators and marketing,
– planning and consultancy services.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Ugandan and East African Community Students: $485
Tuition fees for Ugandan Students = 1,800,000 UGX
Tuition fees for International Students = 2,700,000 UGX
– Students from other countries in the East African Community (EAC) pay the same amount as local students. The EAC countries include; Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi and South Sudan.
– The University reviews tuition fees on a regular basis.
– There are other functional fees and other costs that you might incur while studying. These include costs for internship, research, medical fees and other expenses that you might include such as photocopying, printing, buying specialized equipment and tools.