By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$1,133 /year|
|Applications Begin:||January 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Arts in Social Studies Education|
|Start Date:||August 2021|
|Academic Unit:||School of Social Science Education|
|Application Deadline:||July 2021|
The Social Studies programme has been designed to equip students with relevant knowledge, skills and attitudes which will enable them teach Social/Environmental studies at the Basic and Secondary levels and/or to undertake supervisory under the district directorates of education. The programme aims at developing in students, the habit of obtaining information on current issues, equip them with the skills for identifying societal problems and developing techniques of solving them as well as inculcating in students the attributes of good citizenship.
The programme is for:
• SHS certificate holders who desire to train as teachers
• Public or Civil servants
• Social Workers or activists
• Community Developers
– Must have six (6) Passes (D or better) in three (3) Core Subjects (English Language, Core Mathematics and Integrated Science) and
– Credit passes in three (3) Elective subjects including two (2) of the following electives: Geography, Economics, History and Government). Or
– Must have six (6) credit passes (D or better) in three (3) Core Subjects (English Language, Core Mathematics and Integrated Science) and
– Credit passes in three (3) Elective subjects including two (2) of the following electives: Geography, Economics, History and Government). And,
Special Departmental Requirements
– Applicants must have studied Social Studies and obtained at least ‘B3’ or better in WASSCE or its equivalence.
– Applicants must be at least 25 years old by 1st August of the Academic year the applicant wants to enrol.
– Applicants must pass the University’s Entrance Examinations.
Applicants Should Follow the Guidelines below:
In all cases, the following documents should be attached to the completed online application forms:
– Copies of certificates
– Copies of Transcripts of academic record
– One recent passport-size photograph
– Three referees’ reports. (To be submitted directly by referees to) The Dean, School of Graduate Studies = UEWP.O. BOx 25WINNEBA
Applicants should note that:
-No application will be processed unless all requirements are fully met
– Any change of address must be communicated at once to the Dean, School of Graduate Studies
– A change of programme after submission of application forms will NOT be allowed
– ALL certificates and results slips other than those from the West African Examinations Council, the Universities in Ghana and Institutions accredited by the National Accreditation Board, should be cleared with the Accreditation Board and the evaluation report attached to the certificate(s)
– All applications must be submitted online at www.uew.edu.gh
After graduation, one can be employed as a:
– Staff of the Ghana Education Service
– Staff of other Private Educational Institutions •
– Social Worker
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Ghanaian Students: $1,133
Tuition Fees per year for Ghanaian Students = 6,508GHS
The Tuition Fees for International Students, is divided into FOUR main categories:
Tuition Fees per year for West African Countries = 16,865GHS (West African Countries include; Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo)
Tuition Fees per year for Other African Countries = 19,023GHS
Tuition Fees per year for Carribean countries = 21,181GHS
Tuition Fees per year for All Other Foreign Countries = 23,345GHS
NOTE: Included in the fees of Final Year Students are;
– Congregation fee of GHS350.00
– Alumni dues GHS10.00