By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$1,944 /year|
|Applications Begin:||May 2021|
|Final Award:||Master of Public Health|
|Start Date:||August 2021|
|Academic Unit:||College of Health Sciences|
|Application Deadline:||July 2021|
Upon graduation from this Christ-inspired program, you can have the skills needed to influence public health on a local, state, national and perhaps even global level, including the ability to apply evidence-based knowledge of social, biological and environmental determinants to disease and health conditions.
Applicants must have a good medical degree with at least two years practical experience after internship and must be recommended by at least two senior professionals. Applicants with a qualification in Biological, social sciences, engineering, at level of upper second division and above and veterinary medicine may also apply.
Bachelor’s degree of at least second class, lower division or equivalent from a recognised University. Applicants with lower qualifications must satisfy the relevant department and the Postgraduate Admissions Board that they have acquired academic growth, for instance, by evidence of research and publications or a relevant Postgraduate Diploma of Second class division. In some departments, a qualifying course followed by examination is given.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Application forms and other relevant information may be obtained from the Admissions Office, Makerere University. Admissions are processed in May/June every year.
2. Non-refundable application fee of UG Shs.50,000 plus Bank charge of UG Shs.2,500/= should be paid from the following banks using Makerere University Paying-in-slips:
i. Any STANBIC BANK BRANCH MUC – FEES COLLECTION ACCOUNT 9030005816385
ii. DFCU BANK MAKERERE BRANCH MUC – FEES COLLECTION ACCOUNT 01013500181512
iii. CENTENARY BANK MUC – FEES COLLECTION ACCOUNT 4912300001
iv. CRANE BANK MUC – FEES COLLECTION ACCOUNT 0145053500100
3. After paying, each applicant must attach a copy of the paying – in slip to the application form and submit the completed application form to the Admissions Office, Makerere University.
Makerere University welcomes International Students who should follow the Application Procedure below;
1. Get pay in slips from Stanbic or DFCU bank at the main campus Makerere University where applicable.
2. After paying the Fee of USD $ 75 or 172,500 UGX take the bank slip to the main building (Finance Department) for verification where applicable.
3. On presentation of the application fee bank slip, pick the application form from Room 316, Level 3, Senate Building.
4. Applicants with academic documents prescribed in other languages other than English should be submitted to the School of Languages, Makerere University for translation into English.
5. Applicants who obtained qualifications elsewhere other than Uganda should take their academic documents to Uganda National Examinations Board (UNEB) located in Ntinda for purposes of being equated to Ugandan grades.
6. Completed forms should be returned to the Admissions Office, and the following documents MUST be attached to the application form:
– Original Pay in slip from the Bank
– One Passport size photograph of the applicants’ current likeness
– Photocopies of School Certificates
7. Applicants from countries where the language of instruction is not English are required to bring evidence of proficiency of English. However, Makerere University (School of Languages) conducts proficiency tests on request.
8. International students MUST present insurance certificates from a reputable insurance firm at the time of admission. So, the insurance firm should cater for any eventuality not Makerere University.
11. The Academic Year normally starts in August every year. Applicants can download the form and send it with academic documents attached to; The Academic Registrar (Admissions), Makerere University, P O BOX 7062, Kampala-Uganda.
Career Opportunities for Master of Public Health include:
1) Healthcare Administrators
2) Registered Nurses
4) Social and Community Service Managers
5) Dieticians and Nutritionists
6) Substance Abuse, Behavioral Disorder, and Mental Health Counselors
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Ugandan and EAC Students: $1,944
Tuition Fee Per Year for Ugandan Students = 7,193,351 UGX
Tuition Fee per Year for International Students = 18,150,000 UGX
NOTE: Students from countries within the East African Community (EAC), pay the same tuition fee as Ugandans.
**Member countries of the EAC sub Region include; Uganda, Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan and Tanzania.