By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$559 /year|
|Applications Begin:||June 2020|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Public Administration|
|Start Date:||October 2020|
|Academic Unit:||School of Public Administration and Management|
|Application Deadline:||September 2020|
Objectives and Description
This is a three-year programme in Public Service Management. The programme covers six semesters of 17 weeks each and requires candidates to successfully complete a total of 60 credit points, including field project in the fifth semester of study. The programme has taken stock of the most current developments in the field of public administration and challenges facing public service in a globalized world.
So it is designed to provide job-based training to future administrators in the public sector at various levels. Also it is professionally tailored to meet the growing demand for well trained and skilled middle level administrators who can be instrumental in helping the public sector to sustainably achieving results in the ever changing social, economic and political environments.
– Principles of Management
– Development Perspective
– Introduction to Administrative Law
– Basic Applied Mathematics and Statistics
– Communication Skills in Management
– Introduction to Sociology
– Introduction to Economics
– Introduction to Office and Records Management
– Introduction to Public Administration
– Ethics and Good Governance
– Industrial Relations and Legislation
– Financial Management and Control in the Public Sector
– Applied Public Administration
– Principles of Human Resource Management
– International Relations
– Public Policy Analysis
– Social and Economic Services Management
– Social Science Research Methods
– Customer Service Management
– Strategic Management
– Field Attachment
– Human Resource Management Information Systems
– Strategic Negotiation and Mediation
– Managing Partnership in Public Service
– Performance and Reward Management
– NGOs in Development
– Project Planning and Management
– Managing Intergovernmental Relations
At least two (2) principal passes and one subsidiary at A-Level. Where the principal passes do not include English, an applicant must have obtained at least a credit in English Language at O-Level. Minimum admission point: 4.5.
Diploma in Human Resources Management, Public Administration, Social work, Business Administration or Local Governance Management, Records and Archives, Community Development, Secretarial Studies with an average of “B” or GPA of 3.0.
How to Apply
All applications are made through the University Online Application and Admission Portal (MUAAAP) available at admission.mzumbe.ac.tz. Please follow carefully the steps in the online application system. Before you go to online application system, make sure you have an email address and a mobile phone number.
Before proceeding with the application take note of following:
(a) An application with Foreign Secondary Certificates must be accompanied by the National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) Equivalence translations.
(b) Applications with Foreign Certificates (Equivalent Qualifications) must be accompanied by the National Council for Technical Education (NACTE) Equivalence translations.
(c) Make payment of an application Fee, a Non-refundable TZS 10,000/=by following payment procedures after completing the Online Application and Admission System at admission.mzumbe.ac.tz
(d) Successful applicants will be notified through Mzumbe University Website, their system user accounts, email addresses and SMS through mobile phone number used during the application process.
Career Opportunities for Bachelor of Public Administration include:
– Fed Career
– Civil Service
– Education Administrators
– Administrative Services Managers
– Public Administration Consultant
– Executive Director
– Director of Development
– Program Analyst
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Tanzanian and EAC Students: $559
Tuition Fee per year for Tanzanian Students = 1,300,000 TZS
Tuition Fee per year for International Students = 5,785,500 TZS
**Students from Countries in the East African Community (EAC), pay the same amount as Tanzanian Students. EAC Countries include; Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda.
– In the Tuition Fee per year is included; Registration, tuition, examination, and library services
– Fees may be paid in two equal instalments, an instalment being due at the beginning of each semester prior to registration
– Fees once paid are not refundable
– The University reserves the right to change fees at any time
– Direct student fees have been bench-marked against Government rates, but sponsors may vary them according to their policies