By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$1,337 /year|
|Applications Begin:||June 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Science in Prosthetics and Orthotics|
|Start Date:||October 2021|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Rehabilitation|
|Application Deadline:||August 2021|
The course which runs under the faculty of Rehabilitation is a 4-year program (for direct entrants) and 3 years for entrants under the equivalent qualifications.
Graduates of the course are expected to have professional competence in clinical practice in Prosthetics and Orthotics Science by offering a broad range of subjects that include Physical and Clinical assessment and examination of patients with neuro-muscular-skeletal deficiencies. This also includes prescription and design of component, fabrication, delivery and follow up of orthopaedic appliances.
The broad objectives of the B.Sc. Degree course in Prosthetics and Orthotics are among others:
– To produce Prosthetists/Orthotists who are equipped with practical skills and knowledge suited to the needs of the physically disabled population within and outside Tanzania.
– To produce Prosthetists/Orthotists who have the knowledge, skills, and attitude of facing the challenges in the rapid advancement of science and technology and adapting it to suit the respective environmental, social, cultural and economic conditions.
– To produce Prosthetists/Orthotists who are equipped with the practical skills and knowledge required in developing designs and fabrication procedures of Orthopaedic appliances suitable for different types of disabilities.
– To Produce Prosthetists/Orthotists who can research the available resources to improve the quality, service delivery, and Community Based Rehabilitation.
– To produce Prosthetists/Orthotists who are motivated and capable of carrying out training and education activities in technical Orthopaedics.
– To produce individuals who can show understanding of the professional ethics and be able to appreciate the individual social, cultural, psychological and economic factors which may influence the process of rehabilitation.
– To produce Prosthetist/Orthotist who are capable of managing, coordinating and supervising the activities of the technical staff, i.e. Orthopaedic Technologists, Orthopaedic Technicians, Bench Workers, and other auxiliary Technicians
Programme learning outcomes
By the end of the programme students will be able to:
1. Manage the needs of the physically disabled population within and outside Tanzania.
2. Design, develop and fabricate Orthopaedic appliances suitable for different types of disabilities.
3. Carry out research on the available resources with the aim of improving the quality, service delivery and Community Based Rehabilitation.
4. Carry out training and education activities in technical Orthopaedics.
5. To produce individuals who are able to show understanding of the professional ethics and be able to appreciate the individual social, cultural, psychological and economic factors which may influence the process of rehabilitation.
6. Managing, coordinating and supervising the activities of the technical staff, i.e. Orthopaedic Technologists, Orthopaedic Technicians, Bench Workers and other auxiliary Technicians.
Three principal passes in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with minimum entry of 6 points. Whereby one must have at least C grade in Chemistry and at least a D grade in Biology and E grade in Physics.
All equivalent applicants may apply for the above programs if they meet the requirements stated below:
– Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) with at least five (5) passes including two credit passes in Chemistry and Biology and a D grade in Physics PLUS appropriate Diploma or Advanced Diploma with an average of “B+’’ or GPA of 3.5
BSc (lower second) majoring in Physics/Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology /Zoology.
All applicants holding foreign qualifications must have their qualifications validated and equated by the respective regulatory bodies before submitting their applications for admission as follows
I. The National Examination Council of Tanzania in respect of certificates secondary education and teaching education; and
II. The National Council for Technical Education with respect to NTA level 6 qualification.
How to Apply:
Every Applicant should prepare documents which include:
– Relevant certificates
– Birth Certificate, among others (Contact School = firstname.lastname@example.org)
All of the documents should be attached to an application form which can be gotten with a fee of:
** 50,000 TZS for local students
** 115485 TZS for International students
Some career opportunities for this programme include:
– Clinical scientist, physiological sciences
– Clinical scientist, medical physics
– Clinical technologist
– Biomedical engineer
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Tanzanian Students: $1,337
Tuition Fees for Tanzanian Students = 3,100,000 TZS
Tuition Fees for International Students = 5,782,500 TZS
– Fees paid will not be refunded if the student leaves or withdraws or leaves the college without permission
– Actual costs will vary depending upon the specific year and needs of the student.
– Foreign students shall be required to pay for a resident permit, and must check the prevailing amount as may be determined by the Government from time to time.
– The University College reserves the right to change any fees, deposits, and other charges or any other provisions of this section at any time and without prior notification to the student or their sponsor and any such changes shall have immediate effect.