By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$1,183 /year|
|Applications Begin:||July 2021|
|Final Award:||Master of Arts in Project Management and Evaluation|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
|Academic Unit:||College of Social Sciences and Humanities|
|Application Deadline:||September 2021|
The general objective of the MA (PME) Degree Programme is to equip students with up-to-date knowledge and skills to enable them plan, manage and evaluate projects and programmes for sustainable development.
The specific objectives of the programme are to:
1. Impart students with the knowledge and skills on theoretical and practical aspects of project planning, analysis, monitoring and evaluation;
2. Enable students to analyze policy and institutional factors which affect project design, implementation and outcome;
3. Equip students with specialized knowledge and skills of addressing challenges facing project planning, management and evaluation in developing countries;
4. Enable students to apply knowledge and skills of project management and policy analysis for national economic and social development; and
5. Build capacity of students to translate policies into tangible programmes with defined outcomes.
(Duration of the Programme)
The duration of the degree program is 18 months full-time.
The potential applicants should hold a Bachelor Degree of Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA) or equivalent qualification from recognized higher learning institution, with a minimum GPA of 2.7.
Candidates with a PASS degree will also be considered for admission if:
(1) their undergraduate performance in a subject related to Development Studies is at least of B grade, and/or
(2) they have satisfied the College that they have exhibited academic potential through extensive fieldwork/research experience of at least three years and/or additional professional development courses of a duration of at least three months. Candidates who hold unclassified degrees (e.g. BVM) should have a PASS and an average of B grade in the subject related to Development Studies.
Candidates who are non-degree holders but hold Advanced or Postgraduate Diplomas from recognized higher learning institutions shall be admitted to the MA (PME) degree programme provided they have studied subjects relevant to Development Studies and have attained a minimum Grade of B in respective subjects.
How to Apply for Admission:
(a) Application forms can be downloaded from the school website:
http://www.sua.ac.tz/postgraduate-application-forms. Application forms can also be requested from the Director’s Office through firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Such dully-filled forms can be returned physically or mailed to the undersigned together with evidence of payment of Tanzanian Shillings TZS 50,000/= or US$ 20 for international students as application fee (normal application ) or TZS 80,000/= or US$50 for international students (for all late applications ). Payments should be made through A/C NO. 0150076769860 CRDB Bank: Swift Code No CORUTZTZXXX.
(b) Online application through http://suasis.sua.ac.tz:9092/index.php/welcome. Make sure that all relevant academic and financial documents are attached before final submission is made.
Career Opportunities for Master of Arts in Project Management and Evaluation include:
– Project Monitor
– Community Development Worker
– Project Manager
– Nonprofit Manager
– Charity Director
– Program Manager
– Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
– Corporate Sustainability Manager
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Tanzanian Students: $1,183
Tuition Fees per year for Tanzanian Students = 2,750,000 TZS
Tuition Fees per year for International Students = 8,849,137 TZS
NB: The Tuition fees per year for all Students is an addition of the First Semester Fees: 3,000,000 TZS (Tanzanian Students), 4,025 USD (International Students) PLUS the Second Semester Fees: 2,500,000 TZS (Tanzanian Students), 3,625 (International Students), then Divided by TWO.