By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$654 /year|
|Applications Begin:||January 2021|
|Final Award:||Diploma in Procurement and Supplies Management|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Commerce|
|Campus:||Nakuru Town Campus|
|Application Deadline:||October 2021|
The Diploma in Procurement and Logistics Management endeavors to produce graduates with the skills and knowledge required for efficient acquisition and disposal of organization resources. The development of the programme is premised on:
i) The fact that Kenya and the rest of East Africa region has dire shortage of qualified procurement staff.
ii) The need to support the ongoing professionalisation of the procurement process.
iii) This process is driven by increasing public awareness of the need to guard against waste and corrupt use of public resources.
iv) The need to provide manpower that will drive Kenya‟s vision 2030. The vision envisages the channelling of considerable resources to certain identified key sectors. This will strengthen existing procurement capacity. There is therefore need to expand training opportunities so as to ensure realization of your vision.
v) The need to come up with an innovative training programme that is cognizant of the changing environment in which procurement is conducted.
i). By the end of training, this programme is expected to:
ii). Enable the graduates to acquire skills and knowledge for proper management of Organizations‟ resources.
iii). Enable the graduates to effectively and efficiently handle acquisition and disposal of Organizations‟
iv). Enable graduates to carry out research with a view to finding solutions to procurement problems affecting the organization.
v). Equip students with skills for career in procurement and Logistics Management in the public and private sector
vi). Prepare students for further studies.
Course structure and Duration
i). The duration of the courses is two (2) academic years comprising of four (4) semesters of seventeen (17) weeks each.
ii). The course coding is four capital letter DPLM standing for Diploma in Procurement
iii). and Logistics Management.
iv). The courses borrowed from other programmes have codes that reflect those programme
v). The abbreviation is followed by a set of four digits as follows.
1. The first is zero (0) indicating a diploma programme.
2. The second digit is either 1 or 2 denoting the year the course is offered.
3. The third digit indicates the semester in which the course is offered i.e. 1 or 2
4. The last indicates the sequence of the course i/e 0, 1, 2, 3……
All the examination of the university shall be conducted in accordance with university statutes stipulated in the university statute No xxvii
The grading system will be conducted in accordance with Egerton University statutes XXVIII.
To graduate with a bachelor of commerce, a student shall be required to take and pass all scheduled courses within stipulated time.
The Bachelors degree classification shall be in accordance with Egerton university statute programs statute XXVIII
The common University admission criteria is applicable. In addition
– The candidate must have obtained at least a mean grade of C (plain) at Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (K.C.S.E) Level or Division III at Kenya Certificate of Education (KCE) or equivalent qualification.
– The candidate must have also obtained at least a C- (Minus) in mathematics and at least a C- (Minus) in English or Kiswahili.
– Candidates with mean grades of C (plain) but have less than C- (Minus) in Mathematics and English or Kiswahili can be admitted after bridging in the respective subjects.
– Candidates with a credit in certificate in business from Institution recognized by the Academic Board, and having a mean grade of D+ or equivalent in their K.C.SE, are also eligible for admission.
– Holders of Accounting Technicians Certificate (ATC) Final Level are also eligible for admission.
Required Documents to be attached during Application include:
– Certified copies of your Result Slip, Certificates and Transcripts.
– ORIGINAL RECEIPT (Application Fee): KShs. 2,000 for ALL Degree Programmes and Kshs. 1,000 for all Undergraduate Diploma Programmes: Payable to; Account Name; Egerton University, Kenya Commercial Bank; Account No:1108550703.
– Copy of your National ID Card or Birth Certificate.
Online application procedure
– Simply complete the Egerton University Online Application form and upload all the necessary documents, so that it can be processed by the administrative department
– The application will be complete once all the necessary fees have been paid.
Offline Application Procedure
– An Application form can be downloaded through the school website: http://www.egerton.ac.ke/index.php/Dean-of-Students/application-forms-and-resgistration-forms.html
– The application form must be fully filled and the relevant academic documents attached. It must be returned to the admissions office of the university according to the deadline set by the admissions office.
Some career opportunities for this course can be found in:
– Data analysis
– Customer service.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan and East African Community Students: $654
Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students = Kshs. 72,000
Tuition Fees for International Students = Kshs. 93,600
EAC (East African Community) Students pay the same amount as Kenyan students. Countries in the East African Community include; Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda.
– Foreign students out of the East African Community pay 30% more that the Kenyan students.
– The University reviews tuition fees on a regular basis.