By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$377 /year|
|Applications Begin:||March 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Science in Procurement and Logistics Management|
|Start Date:||August 2021|
|Academic Unit:||School Of Management And Entrepreneurship|
|Campus:||Kyambogo Hill Campus|
|Application Deadline:||May 2021|
Bachelor of procurement and Logistics Management started at Kyambogo University in 2003.The first lot on this programme completed in 2005 and graduated in 2006.Normally the Programme Review should take place immediately after a full cycle and after receiving feedback from employers on the performance of the graduates in the field.
Procurement is one of today’s fastest growing management disciplines, in terms of both managerial activity and strategic importance. Procurement and the management of the entire supply chain have become recognised as a driving corporate business philosophy – a profit creation centre, rather than simply a cost saving function. Given the ever changing and the increasing role of the procurement function both nationally and internationally, it is necessary to have a continuous curriculum review process to match the ever changing role of the procurement function.
There has been growing demand for professional procurement officers in recent years in Uganda. It is believed that this course will facilitate the creation of a pool of such specialized manpower that will go a long way in addressing/tackling the procurement and logistical issues in governments departments, NGOs and private sector business enterprises.
There has been a review of the Diploma course hence need for reviewing the Bachelors to avoid overlap.
National council for Higher Education (NCHE) has recommended some minimum requirements that must be accommodated on the programme. The procurement programme has been redesigned to address the above concerns and further enhance development of procurement sector in general.
The programme shall target the following categories of people:
– Holders of Advanced Level certificates,
– Diplomas holders or equivalent qualifications from any recognised institution of higher learning.
– Persons who shall have passed Mature Age Entrance Examinations.
– Holders of any non- procurement degree qualification.
Admission to first year
Admission to the programme shall be done in accordance with the University regulations. A candidate shall be eligible for admission to the programme on meeting the following requirements:
– Two principal passes in either science or Arts subjects or its equivalent
Essential Economics, Mathematics, Entrepreneurship and physics
Relevant Geography, Literature and History
Desirable Chemistry and computer applications
Others Any other subject
OR (b) Must pass the University Mature Age Entrance Examination.
OR (c) A Degree or Diploma from a recognized Institution.
Admission to other years
A student who transfers from another recognized University must spend at least two years on the programme.
A candidate with any of the following qualifications is eligible for joining the programme in the second year of study:
– Honours Degree in Business related disciplines
– Diploma in Business Studies with bias in Purchasing and Supplies Management or Stores Management.
– Level two in Institute of Purchasing & Supplies (IPS)
– Or their equivalents
Crediting the Diploma qualification will be as follows:
– First Class 4.4
– Second Class Upper 3.6
– Second Class Lower 2.8
Crediting the Degree qualification will be as follows:
– Honours’ Degree
This forms the CGPA for first year for the candidate. Unclassified Diplomas will be evaluated according to the transcript.
Applicants with pass diplomas and pass degrees do not earn any credit and shall therefore start in year one of the programme.
How To Apply
To apply online, the students need to do the following:
– Make sure they have the relevant documents need.
– Have and Email Address and Internet Connection.
– Visit the Admission Portal = https://admissions.kyu.ac.ug/
** All Applications are done Online
** An Application fee of 50,000 UGX for local students and 110,270 UGX for International Students has to be paid.
** Applications begin in March and end in May.
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– logistics and distribution managers
– purchasing manager or warehouse manager.
Graduates can also pursue a career in:
– supply chain design and planning
– procurement and supply management
– freight transportation
– warehouse design and management
– distribution network design and planning
– inventory management and control.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Ugandan and East African Community Students: $377
Tuition fees for Ugandan Students = 1,400,000 UGX
Tuition fees for International Students = 2,100,000 UGX
– Students from other countries in the East African Community (EAC) pay the same amount as local students. The EAC countries include; Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi and South Sudan.
– The University reviews tuition fees on a regular basis.
– There are other functional fees and other costs that you might incur while studying. These include costs for internship, research, medical fees and other expenses that you might include such as photocopying, printing, buying specialized equipment and tools.