By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$26,727 /year|
|Applications Begin:||April 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Science in Petroleum Engineering|
|Start Date:||October 2021|
|Academic Unit:||School of Sciences and Engineering|
|Application Deadline:||October 2021|
Students who have matriculated in Fall 2015 or later are governed by this catalog, and those who have matriculated earlier have the option of being governed by the catalog of their year of matriculation, and should refer to the earlier catalog for program details.
Bachelor of Science
The petroleum engineer is concerned mainly with the exploration, drilling, reservoir and production operations. Economic and environmentally safe petroleum production and processing require the application of engineering principles in addition to a wide spectrum of knowledge including chemistry, geology, physics, and mathematics.
The petroleum engineering program at AUC graduates a petroleum engineer who,within a few years of graduation, meets societal needs in one or more of the following roles:
1. A professional team member to meet local and global petroleum industry demands.
2. A successful member in an academic or research organization or as an entrepreneur.
3. A distinguished member in the petroleum community through promotion or professional development with awareness of ethics and environmental issues.
To provide more depth above that provided by the fundamental petroleum engineering core courses, students are required to select 9 credit hours from among a list of more specialized elective courses.
Students will be admitted to the program either through the AUC admissions office (gate admissions), after satisfying the general admission requirements and grade requirements in mathematics and sciences as declared by the department, or as undeclared and transfer students based on their performance record after successful completion of the criteria courses. Students are advised to consult with the department to ensure that admission criteria have been successfully met.
A total of 162 credits must be successfully completed to be awarded a Bachelor of Science in Petroleum Engineering.
The American University in Cairo seeks students who have distinguished themselves in a meaningful way and who show considerable academic performance. The University also considers applicants’ personal achievements outside the classroom, as demonstrated by sustained participation, commitment and leadership in school and community activities.
To qualify for admission, applicants must complete all secondary school graduation requirements, maintain a high level of academic performance and submit all required documents before the set deadlines. Having the minimum academic requirements does not guarantee admission to the University, but rather ensures entry to the selection process.
HOW TO APPLY
1- Submit the online application form. (Application is available online only). The application can be renewed from the fall to the spring semester of the same academic year only. A new application should be submitted for a new academic year.
2- Fulfill the requirements of your secondary school certificate. The most common secondary school certificates accepted by AUC are listed below. The minimum cut-off scores for each certificate may change from one semester to another according to University requirements. Having the minimum academic requirements does not grant you an offer of a place but rather ensures entry to the selection process.
– Thanawiya Amma
– German Abitur
– IGCSE/GCSE/GCE British Certificate
– International Baccalaureate
– French Baccalaureate
– American High School Diploma
– Canadian Certificates
– Other Certificates
1. Late submission of admission credentials decreases your chances of declaring science and engineering majors because places in these programs are limited.
2. Check that you have fulfilled all the University’s language requirements, as demonstrated by your TOEFL/IELTS scores.
– Results of the TOEFL/IELTS exams may be sent directly to the admissions office. AUC’s code number is 0903
– Both tests should be completed no more than two years prior to the first day of the term for which you are applying for admission
– English placement depends on your TOEFL/IELTS test scores
– Students who believe their placement in the ELI is not appropriate for their level of English proficiency are encouraged to re-take the TOEFL or IELTS. AUC does not offer “exemption” exams of any kind
– The deadline to submit improved English placement test scores is the last working day before the first day of classes each semester
3. Check that you have submitted all required documents by the set deadlines. Your application and a final admission decision will be pending the submission of all these documents. Applications submitted after the set deadlines will be considered according to space availability.
4. Provisional Admission: AUC considers the most academically qualified applicants for provisional admission if they earned excellent grades or submitted the necessary documents prior to the set deadlines.
5. Final acceptance will be given after submitting your final transcript and proof of graduation by or before the assigned deadlines.
About the Application Deadlines:
**Spring Semester (American system) which begins in January and ends in early May, has as Undergraduate Application Deadline October 1, 2020.
**Fall Semester (American system) which starts in late August and ends in late December, has as Undergraduate Application Deadline March 1, 2021.
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– Petroleum engineer
– Energy engineer
– Engineering geologist
– Hydrographic surveyor
– Mining engineer
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Egyptian Students: $26,727
**Tuition Fee per year for Egyptian Students: 424,816 EGP ($26,203)
**Tuition Fee per year for International Students: 482,624 EGP ($29,767)
– The tuition rate is based on a flat rate of $647 for Egyptian students per credit hour and $735 for international students per credit hour.
– Tuition fees for Egyptian students may be paid in Egyptian pounds according to CIB (Commercial International Bank) exchange rate on the day of payment. Tuition fees for international students must be paid in US dollars.
– Tuition fees are collected each semester. No student with an outstanding bill (including charges for breakage or library fines) will be admitted to any examination, given any certificate or report of academic standing, or be permitted to register for a subsequent semester.