By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$0 /year|
|Applications Begin:||June 2020|
|Final Award:||Master of Medicine in Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery|
|Start Date:||September 2020|
|Academic Unit:||School of Medicine|
|Campus:||Kenyatta National Hospital Campus|
|Application Deadline:||9 October 2020|
The candidates eligible for admission into the programme shall fulfil the following conditions:-
i) Be either in a possession of a medical degree from the University of Nairobi senate or be a holder of a corresponding basic medical degree which is recognised by the University of Nairobi Senate..
ii) Should have had at least one year of clinical experience as a practitioner in a hospital after registration.
– The training program will be 5 years.
– The programme shall be completed in a minimum of 60 months and a maximum of 120 months
– The programme shall consist of seven courses, clinical, surgical and laboratory surgical skills, log book and dissertation.
– The Principles and Practice of Surgery shall consist of mandatory rotations in General Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, Emergency Medicine & Critical Care and integrated lectures. The other specialty rotation will be in Otolaryngology- Head and neck surgery
– The degree programme shall be offered on full time basis consisting of two parts, part One 2 years, part Two, 3 years, Part One will consist of the following courses, Surgical Anatomy, Surgical Physiology, Surgical Pathology, Molecular Biology, Medical Statistics and Clinical Epidemiology, Research methodology, Principles and Practice of surgery, and surgery log book. Part two will consist of the following courses; clinical practice in otolaryngology, clinical audiology, hands on temporal bone dissection, plastic and reconstructive head and neck surgery, functional Endoscopic sinus surgery and rhinoplasty, carcinogenesis, imaging in otolaryngology and head and neck, otolaryngo-radiooncology, otology, rhinology, broncho-oesophagology, laryngology, head and neck surgery, clinical rotations in Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery and Neurosurgery, dissertation and surgery log book
– All the subjects covered will involve lectures, clinical work, clinical teachings, seminars, demonstrations, tutorials and teaching in a skills laboratory
The Common Regulations for the Master of Medicine Degree in the University shall apply.
The candidates eligible for admission into the program shall fulfil the following conditions.
The candidate should hold a minimum of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) degree of the University of Nairobi or any basic medical degree from other institution recognised by The University of Nairobi Senate.
Degree should be registrable by the Medical Practitioner’s and Dentists Board of Kenya for purposes of training and candidates must produce evidence of registration with the same board at commencement of training.
The sponsor will be responsible for professional indemnity cover for the trainees.
A candidate shall be expected to be of sound mental and physical health at all times while undertaking the program and to conduct himself in a manner befitting the medical profession. A candidate shall not be allowed to sit the examination if he does not meet these requirements and may be discontinued from the programme.
How to Apply:
Applicants should visit = https://application.uonbi.ac.ke/ to apply Online
University of Nairobi has three intakes in an Academic year. Main intake being in September/October for all the courses and December/January for Bachelor of Education(Arts), Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism April/May for Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Education(Arts), Bachelor of Education Early Childhood, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Economics ,Bachelor of Economics and Statistics ,Bachelor of Journalism and media Studies, Bachelor of Art Broadcast Production, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism, Bachelor of Arts Broadcast Production and all Diploma and Certificate courses.
Some career opportunities for this programme include:
– ENT Surgeon.
– Private practitioners.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students: $0
Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students =
Tuition Fees for International Students =
**This programme will be completed after a duration of 4 years, with fees per year as follows:
– First year =
– Second year =
– Third year =
– Fourth year =
– Fifth year =
International Students pay 20% more than the Kenyan Students.