By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$2,945 for the full programme|
|Applications Begin:||April 2021|
|Final Award:||Master of Science in Nursing (MSc Nursing)|
|Start Date:||January 2022|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Health Sciences|
|Course Type:||Master by Coursework & Research Report|
|Application Deadline:||July 2021|
The Master of Science in Nursing by coursework and research report is a 2-year degree offered in a specialised field.
Due to the comprehensive nature of the integrated learning component (practical), the duration of the course shall be two (2) academic years.
Offered in the fields of:
– Advanced Psychiatric Nursing
– Child Nursing
– Infection Control
– Intensive Care
– Nursing Education
– Occupational Health Nursing
– Oncology and Palliative Care
– Trauma and Emergency Nursing
Any of the following may be admitted as a candidate for the degree provided that s/he is qualified for registration as a general nurse with the South African Nursing Council and provided that s/he has satisfied the Senate that s/he is qualified to undertake the line of study proposed or research (or both):
– The holder of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing or a Bachelor of Nursing at the University.
– A graduate of any other university who has satisfied the Senate by means of a written or oral test (or both) or by means of any other mode of assessment to be determined from time to time by the Senate that s/he is qualified to undertake the line of study proposed or research (or both).
How to apply
– Applications are handled centrally by the Student Enrolment Centre (SEnC). Once your application is complete in terms of requested documentation, your application will be referred to the relevant School for assessment. Click here to see an overview of the Wits applications process.
– Please apply online. Upload your supporting documents at the time of application, or via the Self Service Portal.
– Applicants can monitor the progress of their applications via the Self Service Portal, view academic application status, accept an offer (once certified hardcopies have been received by SEnC), apply and check residence application status, and generate a fees estimate.
– Selections for programmes that have a limited intake but attract a large number of applications may only finalise the application at the end of the application cycle.
Some Career opportunities are;
– Legal Nurse Consultant.
– Nurse Midwife.
– Nurse Anesthetist.
– Nurse Case Manager.
– Nurse Educator.
– Nurse Practitioner.
– Nurse Researcher.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => for the full programme [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for South African & SADC Students: $2,945
– For the MDent and MMed, holders of approved posts are entitled to 90% Remission of fees
– Students from the Southern African Development Community (SADC) member countries pay the same annual tuition fees as South Africans plus an International Registration Fee (IRF). The SADC member countries are Angola, Botswana, Democratic Republic of Congo, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
– Students sponsored by the Government of Rwanda will be treated as and pay the same amount as SADC students.
– Students from all other countries (Non-SADC) will pay the same amount as South African Students
– Diplomats and their dependents stationed in South Africa & International Wits employees and their dependents will pay South African tuition fees + International Registration Fee (IRF).