By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$1,031 /year|
|Applications Begin:||January 2020|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Science in Nursing|
|Start Date:||September 2020|
|Academic Unit:||School of Nursing|
|Application Deadline:||August 2020|
WIUC-Ghana intends to train and to prepare nurses with holistic-evidence based knowledge, access to real-time nursing care and skill sets adequate to meet the healthcare demands in compliance with contemporary socio-cultural health system. The Bachelor of Science in Nursing programme is intended to produce nurses who will provide preventive, curative, promotive and rehabilitative nursing care at all levels of the health care system to individuals, families and communities.
Courses Offered Include:
– Anatomy & Physiology I
– Basic Nursing
– First Aid, Emergency and Disaster Management
– Therapeutic Communication
– Health Promotion
– Personal and Environmental Health
– Psychiatric Nursing
– Nutrition and Dietetics
– Introductory Sign Language
WASSCE & SSSCE
The School will admit students with West African Secondary School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) and Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSSCE) with at least credits in six courses (C6) in English Language, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science and three (3) elective subjects in Science, General Arts or Home Economics subjects with an overall aggregate of 36 or better. Preference will be given to students with Science electives. Senior Secondary School applicants will enter the programme at level 100. As part of the NMCs requirement for students to be enrolled on the programme, all students must have credit (A1-C6) in integrated science for admission into the program.
– Diploma Holders
– Holders of a Diploma in Nursing from recognized institutions and a pass in the licensure examination conducted by the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Ghana will be admitted to level 300.
– Other Mature Candidates
– Professional nurses with Diploma in Nursing Education/Administration with a minimum of B+ average will enter at level 200. These professional nurses include midwives and registered mental health nurses
– State Registered Nurses (enter the programme in the second year)
– Auxiliary nurses such as health assistant clinical personnel, Community will enter the programme at level 200 and 100 respectively after a selection examination.
– Mature students who are not professional nurses at the time of admission should have the minimum requirement for admission as stated for SSSCE/WASSCE.
– Foreign students must have result slips translated into English. The results must meet the set standards for the programme. In addition, applicants must be able to speak and write fluently in English. As part of the NMC’s requirements for nurses, foreign students must have the WASSE/SSSCE equivalent for admission into the programme.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply online, purchase an OSN (Online Serial number) using one of the following options:
Via Interpay (Mobile Money, Credit Card)
Click here to purchase the OSN using Mobile Money or Credit Card.
As soon as you’re done making the payment, you’ll instantly receive the OSN via email.
Once you have the OSN, click here to apply.
Go to any of the following bank branches to purchase OSN (Online Serial number) ADB,Ecobank,Consolidated Bank, Golden Link Savings & Loans, Access Bank (Please insist to speak with the branch manager if voucher not available or subsequently email firstname.lastname@example.org with any complaints)
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– Certified Dialysis Nurse
– Legal Nurse Consultant
– Nurse Midwife
– Nurse Anesthetist
– Nurse Case Manager
– Nurse Educator
– Nurse Practitioner
– Nurse Researcher
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Ghanaian Students: $1,031
Tuition Fees per year for Ghanaian Students = GHS.5,940
Tuition Fees per year for International Students = GHS.24,102
Fee Payment Options:
**Local students – They can either pay at any branch of Access Bank, CBG Bank, and ADB bank or at the bank on campus. You’re required to present your Fullname, Student ID, Programme to the teller.
**International Students – All international students are advised to pay their fees from their home countries. Please have your Student ID. Number to hand to the Branch Staff.
– The University will bear the application cost for the non-citizen ID Card and the Immigration permit for all international students after he/she has paid, 75% (for freshers) or 50% (for continuing students) of the total school fees and registered for the semester. Students are encouraged to submit completed application forms together with all their relevant documents to the International Relations Office for processing. Students are also to note that late registration penalty still stands as the University policy and are requested to settle any outstanding immigration penalties, if any, to be in good standing and enjoy this privilege. Please contact the International Relations Office at email@example.com for questions or concerns.
– Nigerian students can pay naira into Zenith Bank and Access Bank in Nigeria
1 MRS. ELIZABETH PEKA-QUAO (HOD)
2 MS. PHILOMENA AMEVOR
3 MS. MARGARET MARFO
4 MR. DAVID DEEGBE
5 MR. PETER OSEI
6 MS. ANITA APPIAH
7 MR. ALHASSAN ABUKARI SIBDOW
8 MR. MAXWELL ESHUN
9 MRS. BRIDGET AMOAKO-ATTA
10 DR. GAMELI K. SEADZI
11 MR. JOHN K. AKOTO
12 DR. ABU YAYA
13 MS. THELMA MPOKU ALALBILA
14 MRS. PAULINA SIAW-AKOTO DEBRAH
15 MR. FREDERICK NSATIMBA
16 MR. PHILIP GORDON
17 MS. SUSANA LARBI WUMBEE
18 MR. SOLOMON QUAYE
19 MRS. FAUSTINA VIMARIBA TOUR
20 MR. CLETUS KANDAM LAARI
21 MR. JOSEPH SHAHADU ISSIFU
22 MS. CHARITY TWUMASI
23 MS. ELIZABETH ANTWIWAA
24 MR. JOHN NARTEY KANAMITIE
25 MRS. NAOMI ASSUMING BOAKYE
26 MS. ANGELA AKUFFO
27 MS. JUSTINA ELIKEM DOVOH
28 MRS. EUNICE DUROWAA OPPONG KYEKYEKU