By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$1,133 /year|
|Applications Begin:||January 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Arts in Music Education|
|Start Date:||August 2021|
|Academic Unit:||School of Creative Arts|
|Application Deadline:||July 2021|
The Music programmes are:
• Music Education
• Bachelor of Music
• Diploma in Music
The Music Education programme prepares individuals to teach Music and related disciplines in Pre-Tertiary Institutions. Students are exposed to practical and theoretical aspects of Western and African Music Students also acquire the skills and knowledge of teaching children Music. The Bachelor of Music and Diploma in Music programmes prepare students for professional careers in Music and related disciplines. Lessons in Introduction to Music Technology are also offered.
The programmes provide diverse educational opportunities in music and cultural enrichment studies for people with music ambitions.
The programme seeks to attract:
• SHS Certificate Holders
• Teachers’ Certificate ‘A’ Holders
• Personnel of the Armed Forces
• Other Professional Certificate Holders
– Passes (A – D) in six (6) subjects comprising three core subjects, including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science OR Social Studies, plus
– Passes (A – D) in other three (3) elective subjects
(A credit (D) in Music will be an advantage)WASSCE Candidates
– Credit Passes (A1–C6) in six (6) subjects comprising three core subjects, including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science OR Social Studies, plus
– Credit Passes (A1–C6) in any three (3) elective subjects.
(A credit in Music will be an advantage)
GCE Advanced Level Candidates
i) Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better).
ii) Also, the applicant must have had credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English Language, Mathematics and a Science subject (for non-science students) and an Arts subject (for Science students).
Applicants must be at least 25 years by August 1 of the academic year s/he wants to enrol:
– A General Aptitude Test and
– A Subject Area Test.
(Both administered by the University)
– Candidates must possess a Diploma in a relevant subject area from the University of Education, Winneba or a recognised institution.
– Diploma applicants from the Department of Music Education of UEW who obtain GPA of 2.5 and above will be admitted to Level 300.
Applicants Should Follow the Guidelines below:
In all cases, the following documents should be attached to the completed online application forms:
– Copies of certificates
– Copies of Transcripts of academic record
– One recent passport-size photograph
– Three referees’ reports. (To be submitted directly by referees to) The Dean, School of Graduate Studies = UEWP.O. BOx 25WINNEBA
Applicants should note that:
-No application will be processed unless all requirements are fully met
– Any change of address must be communicated at once to the Dean, School of Graduate Studies
– A change of programme after submission of application forms will NOT be allowed
– ALL certificates and results slips other than those from the West African Examinations Council, the Universities in Ghana and Institutions accredited by the National Accreditation Board, should be cleared with the Accreditation Board and the evaluation report attached to the certificate(s)
– All applications must be submitted online at www.uew.edu.gh
Job prospects are available in areas like:
– The Ghana Education Service.
– Private Educational Institutions
– The Security Services
– Centre for National Culture
– National Orchestra
– Music Recording Studio
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Ghanaian Students: $1,133
Tuition Fees per year for Ghanaian Students = 6,508GHS
The Tuition Fees for International Students, is divided into FOUR main categories:
Tuition Fees per year for West African Countries = 16,865GHS (West African Countries include; Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo)
Tuition Fees per year for Other African Countries = 19,023GHS
Tuition Fees per year for Carribean countries = 21,181GHS
Tuition Fees per year for All Other Foreign Countries = 23,345GHS
NOTE: Included in the fees of Final Year Students are;
– Congregation fee of GHS350.00
– Alumni dues GHS10.00