By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$1,897 /year|
|Applications Begin:||January 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Arts in Music|
|Start Date:||January 2022|
|Academic Unit:||School of Communication|
|Application Deadline:||November 2021|
The B.A Music major degree is designed to help students to acquire knowledge and skills in music as well as promote the application of these skills in the communication and contextualization of the gospel in Africa.
Specifically, graduates of the Music major are expected to become:
– Qualified Christian musicians (choir directors for school and church music festivals, worship leaders and ministers of music) capable of using music effectively to communicate the gospel.
– Musicians with an understanding of an international range of musical cultures, a foundational grasp of the history of music of different cultures and the role of music in contemporary society.
– Musicians with exemplary skills in music performance
– Teachers equipped with skills to teach music in schools and teacher training institutions
Applicants into the field of Communication must have a pass in Mathematics and a minimum grade of B (plain) in English in KCSE or its equivalent Applicants with a B- in English will be admitted on condition that they take a remedial course, ENG 214 Applicants with no proficiency in typing will be required to take a course in keyboarding, COM 099, for which no academic credit will be given Exemption from COM 099 can be given to students who produce a certificate in keyboarding from a reputable examining body and have attained a speed of at least 25 wpm.
Daystar admission forms are collected from either Athi-River campus or the Nairobi campus. On completion, the form is handed back to the registrar office with a fee of KSh. 2,000 which is not refundable. Deadlines for the application are; 30th November, 30th April and 31st July for January, May and August intakes respectively. Other required documents are:
– Two recent passport size photos for Kenyan student and four for international students all having names at the back
– Secondary, post-secondary, university or college certificates.
– Financial Information Sheet (Foreign students need to include a financial letter from sponsor guaranteeing payment)
– Completed student information sheet and copy of your passport (For foreign students only).
Career opportunities for Bachelor of Arts in Music include:
– Private music teacher.
– Music therapist.
– Secondary school teacher.
– Television production assistant.
– Programme researcher.
– Arts administrator.
– Editorial assistant.
– Marketing assistant.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students: $1,897
*Tuition fees per year for Kenyan Students = 205,120KES
*Tuition fees per year for Foreign Students= 211,120KES
International Students pay an additional 6000KES (Day students), 8000KES (Boarding Students) of orientation fees to the normal tuition fees.
All fees for each semester are payable in advance or before the date of registration by bankers cheque or direct bank deposit. The University does not accept cash payments or money orders. In order to assist sponsors who cannot raise full fees, the University allows payment of tuition and hostel fees in four equal monthly instalments from the first day of the semester. Sponsors wishing to pay the fees by instalments must apply to the Finance Manager before the semester begins.