By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$2,536 /year|
|Applications Begin:||April 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Health Sciences with Honours (BHSc Honours)|
|Start Date:||January 2022|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Health Sciences|
|Application Deadline:||30 June 2021|
The degree focuses on developing a thorough understanding of the cellular and molecular biology of human diseases, which can be applied towards better disease diagnosis, treatment and prevention by developing novel diagnostic devices, drugs and vaccines.
Recently, rapid progress in molecular medicine has been achieved using new technologies such as high-throughput sequencing, bioinformatics, genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics and synthetic biology.
Overall, the programme is an intense and rewarding experience which will equip students to handle the tools used in today’s modern molecular laboratory and will provide an advanced theoretical foundation for future success in a biomedical and/or health biotechnology career.
– BHSc with major in Molecular Medicine or
– BSc with one or more of the following majors: Biochemistry, Microbiology and Genetics or
– BEngSci in Biomedical Engineering
– Average of 60% or more in the third year major course
– Average of 60% or more in molecular medicine (HAEM2000) if another BHSc major is done in the third year
Additional Entry Requirements
The application should be accompanied by:
– Academic transcript
– An updated CV
– If required, interviews will be conducted in November
– Applications are handled centrally by the Student Enrolment Centre (SEnC). Once your application is complete in terms of requested documentation, your application will be referred to the relevant School for assessment. Click here to see an overview of the Wits applications process.
– Please apply online. Upload your supporting documents at the time of application, or via the Self Service Portal.
– Applicants can monitor the progress of their applications via the Self Service Portal, view academic application status, accept an offer (once certified hardcopies have been received by SEnC), apply and check residence application status, and generate a fees estimate.
– Selections for programmes that have a limited intake but attract a large number of applications may only finalise the application at the end of the application cycle.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for South African & SADC Students: $2,536
*Students from the Southern African Development Community (SADC) member countries pay the same annual tuition fees as South Africans plus an International Registration Fee (IRF). The SADC member countries are Angola, Botswana, Democratic Republic of Congo, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
*Students sponsored by the Government of Rwanda will be treated as and pay the same amount as SADC students.
*Students from all other countries (Non-SADC) will pay the same amount as South African Students
*Diplomats and their dependents stationed in South Africa & International Wits employees and their dependents will pay South African tuition fees + International Registration Fee (IRF).