By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$604 /year|
|Applications Begin:||October 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Science in Midwifery|
|Start Date:||November 2021|
|Academic Unit:||School of Nursing|
|Application Deadline:||November 2021|
This is an eight-semester (4 years) programme. The biomedical science courses are taught during the first four semesters while nursing and midwifery courses are done over the entire training period. The training will lead to the Bachelor of Sciences in Midwifery degree of this University.
– Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) with at least five (5) passes including two credit passes in Chemistry and Biology and a ‘D’ grade in Physics PLUS Diploma OR
– Advanced Diploma in Nursing or Midwifery with an average of “B+’’ or GPA of 3.5 OR BSc. (Lower second) majoring in Physics/Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology /Zoology Should be registered and licensed by the Tanzania Nursing and Midwifery Council with a valid license to practice.
(i) Applicants with A-Level Qualifications (Direct Entry scheme): – Applicants with A-Level qualifications (direct entry scheme) and applicants who hold foreign A – Level Certificates should apply for the degree courses through the Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS) online Application Portal available on the website www.muhas.ac.tz.
(ii) Applicants with Equivalent Qualifications: – Applicants under equivalent qualifications should also apply through the Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS) online Application Portal through the website www.muhas.ac.tz.
For Foreign Students, they must contact NECTA (National Examinations Council of Tanzania) before Application, same for applicants with Diploma certificates, who have to contact NACTE (National Council for Technical Education) to verify their certificates before initiating the application process on the MUHAS website.
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– General practice doctor
– Adult nurse
– Children’s nurse
– Health promotion specialist
– Health visitor
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Tanzanian Students: $604
Tanzanians students pay TZS 1,400,000 per year as tuition fees
International Students pay TZS 8,345,164 per year as tuition fees
– Students are required to have sufficient funds to cater for special programme requirements. Such requirements may be in the form of boots, overalls, scientific calculators, drawing board, gloves, masks etc as well as funds for practical training depending on the program. Applicants are urged to consult the University prospectus for specific requirements by their schools or consult the schools that they intend to apply for more details, including indicative cost implication
– All students will have to join or show evidence that they are members of the National Health Insurance Fund or other funds at the time of registration.
– All indicated payments should be deposited in the following bank account: NMB Account No. 20901100002 in favour of Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS).