By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$0 /year|
|Applications Begin:||June 2020|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Science in Meteorology|
|Start Date:||September 2020|
|Academic Unit:||School of Physical Sciences|
|Application Deadline:||30 September 2020|
The Bachelor of Science in Meteorology programme is a four year programme, developed to embrace new developments in the science of meteorology and the expanding areas of meteorological application.
The course is designed to equip students with the knowledge and skills in weather and climate system analysis, weather forecasting, early warning, environmental pollution and Environmental Impacts Assessment, Biometeorology, Agrometeorology, Hydrometeorology, Renewable Energy Resources, Marine Meteorology, Aviation Meteorology and Environmental Meteorology.
Registration for B.Sc. Meteorology programme requires that students be qualified to satisfactorily register for courses in the School of Mathematics as well in the Department of Physics.
Career opportunities for graduates of B.Sc. Meteorology exists in the Kenya Government Ministries of Transport and Communication, Defence, Environment, Tourism and Wildlife, Agriculture, Water and Irrigation, Energy, Science and Technology, Health; Universities; International Organizations such as WMO, UNEP, ICPAC, ACMAD, NASA and NOAA.
The course structure for B.Sc. Meteorology follows the 4:3:1:1 unit system as follows:
– First year: Meteorology (3), Mathematics (3), Physics (3), BCUC (3)
– Second year: Meteorology (4), Mathematics (4), Physics (4)
– Third year: Meteorology (10)
– Fourth year: Meteorology (10)
1. The Common Regulations for the Bachelor of Science Degree in the University of Nairobi shall apply.
2. Subject to Regulation 2.1, candidates with the following qualifications shall be admitted to the Bachelor of Science in Meteorology degree programme:
– KCSE Certificate, or its equivalent from an institution recognized by the University of Nairobi Senate, with minimum aggregate of C+ (C plus) and at least a grade of C+ in both mathematics and physics or chemistry.
– Advanced Level (A-level) (EAACE or KACE) Certificate, or its equivalent from an institution recognized by the University of Nairobi Senate, with principal passes in Mathematics and Physics or Chemistry.
– KCSE Certificate or its equivalent from an institution recognized by the University of Nairobi Senate, plus a post O-level Diploma with at least credit pass in Mathematics and Physics or Chemistry.
– EACE or KCE Certificate, or its equivalent from an institution recognized by the University of Nairobi Senate, plus a post O-level Diploma with at least credit in Mathematics and Physics.
– Advanced Meteorological Technician Course (WMO-Class II Certificate) with at least a pass
– Middle-level Meteorological Technician Course (WMO-Class III Certificate) with at least a distinction from an Institute for Meteorological Training and Research (IMTR)
How to Apply:
Applicants should visit = https://application.uonbi.ac.ke/ to apply Online
University of Nairobi has three intakes in an Academic year. Main intake being in September/October for all the courses and December/January for Bachelor of Education(Arts), Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism April/May for Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Education(Arts), Bachelor of Education Early Childhood, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Economics ,Bachelor of Economics and Statistics ,Bachelor of Journalism and media Studies, Bachelor of Art Broadcast Production, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism, Bachelor of Arts Broadcast Production and all Diploma and Certificate courses.
Some career opportunities for this programme include:
– Military and Airline Forecaster
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students: $0
Tuition Fees per year for Kenyan Students = 168,500 KES
Tuition Fees per year for International Students = 495,829 KES
**This programme will be completed after a duration of 4 years, with fees per year as follows:
– First year = 168,500 KES (Foreigners – 495,829 KES)
– Second year = 160,500 KES (Foreigners – 540,661 KES)
– Third year = 136,500 KES (Foreigners – 318,632 KES)
– Fourth year = 136,500 KES (Foreigners – 318,632 KES)