By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
To be a global centre of excellence in training, research and innovation in evidence based health care services.
To offer quality training, research and health care services (in medicine, pharmacy, public health, physiotherapy, sports medicine and hospital administration) in order to suit the needs of a dynamic world communities.
At the end of the programme, the graduate should be able to:
1. Apply the process of critical reasoning in healthcare.
2. Apply knowledge of physical, chemical, biological, psychological, social, development and environmental mechanisms in diagnosis, management and prevention of illness.
3. Manage healthcare services.
4. Evaluate the effectiveness of interventions used in dealing with community health problems.
5. Contribute actively to the promotion and maintenance of good health, and prevention of ill health.
6. Apply cutting edge principles of research in identifying and managing health problems.
7. Plan and implement training/educational programmes for the community and health workers.
8. Engage in and maintain productive professional ethics.
9. Acquire, evaluate and communicate information appropriately.
10. Adapt to and participate in change.
Minimum entry requirements
All candidates must satisfy the common requirements for entry to university. In addition:
i. KCSE holders: an average of B+ plus in the 4 cluster subjects shown below provided that no subject in the cluster shall be below B plain
• Physics/ mathematics
• English/ Kiswahili
ii. Advanced level holders: a minimum of 2 principal passes in Biology and Chemistry and one subsidiary pass in Physics/Maths. In addition to a Credit pass in English
iii. Diploma in Clinical Medicine : a minimum “O” level Division 11 or C+ plus mean grade and Credit pass C+ in the cluster subjects in KCSE in addition to a Credit pass in the professional qualification from a recognized Medical Training Institution
iv. Holders of any degree in the biological sciences from JKUAT or an equivalent qualification from a university recognized by JKUAT
How to Apply
Application Requirements for qualified students:
– A dully filled registration form – to be obtained from the offices/website upon payment of non-refundable fee.
– Two passport size photos.
– Copies of relevant certificates
Applications for the courses are on official application forms.
1. click to download JKUAT IT Department application form. or obtain a hand-copy from the office.
2. Pay a non-refundable application fee as follows:
– Certificates: Kshs500
– Diplomas: 1000
– Degrees: Kshs1,500
– Masters: 1,500
Bank Account Numbers:
– Standard Chartered Bank Account number 0108023434900
– Barclays Bank Account Number 0775001216
– Co-operative Bank of Kenya Account Number 01129098952900
– National Bank Account Number 0100359580600
– Equity Bank Account Number 0090291251426
Career opportunities for this course include:
– Clinical radiologist
– General practice doctor
– Hospital doctor
– Physician associate
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan and East Africa Community Students: $3,593
Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students = Kshs395,584
Tuition Fees for International Students = Kshs474,700
**EAC (East African Community) Students pay the same amount as Kenyan students. Countries in the East African Community include; Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda.
NOTE: The tuition fees charged, may vary from programme to programme and from time to time, with foreign students paying 20% more that the Kenyan students.