By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$1,725 /year|
|Applications Begin:||June 2021|
|Final Award:||Master of Science in Medical Microbiology, Immunology with Molecular Biology|
|Start Date:||October 2021|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Medicine|
|Application Deadline:||August 2021|
This programme is intended to provide knowledge, attitudes and skills in understanding the interaction between the human body and the various disease aetiological agents and the application of techniques used in microbiology and immunology, in investigating the functioning of the human body in health and disease.
This highly specialized degree is intended to create competencies in highly specialized medical and biomedical fields and scientific attitudes relating to both public and individual health.
To provide a strong postgraduate scientific knowledge and research techniques to enable the graduates to effectively take up careers in medical diagnostics, research, teaching and industry.
– To produce skilled graduates capable of developing and executing standard operating procedures (SOPs) for quality control and assurance (QC&QA) in medical, research, academic and industrial laboratories.
– To produce graduates capable of integrating acquired knowledge and skills in solving community health problems.
– To produce graduates capable of soliciting successfully for international research grants as Principal Investigators (PIs) or co-PIs
– To produce graduates who can pursue further profession.
Programme Learning Outcomes
By the end of this programme, students will be able to
1. Executing standard operating procedures (SOPs) for quality control and assurance (QC&QA) in medical, research, academic and industrial laboratories.
2. Apply acquired knowledge and skills in solving community health problems.
3. Write research grant from national and international donors and work as Principal Investigators (PIs) or co-PIs
4. Pursue further professional/ career development opportunities at PhD level
Minimum Entry Requirements
a. Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences such as Medicine, Veterinary medicine, Microbiology, Biology, Zoology, Biochemistry, Molecular biology and Biotechnology, with GPA of 3.0 or more for classified degrees or a minimum of B+ grade for unclassified degrees; or equivalent qualifications.
b. All certificates must be from an approved and recognized institution by TCU or NACTE
All applicants holding foreign qualifications must have their qualifications validated and equated by the respective regulatory bodies before submitting their applications for admission as follows
I. The National Examination Council of Tanzania in respect of certificates secondary education and teaching education; and
II. The National Council for Technical Education with respect to NTA level 6 qualification.
NOTE: If the certificate you obtained in your country is not mentioned above, please message the “Course Contacts” and they will be able to answer all your questions.
How to Apply:
Every Applicant should prepare documents which include:
– Relevant certificates
– Birth Certificate, among others (Contact School = email@example.com)
All of the documents should be attached to an application form which can be gotten with a fee of:
** 50,000 TZS for local students
** 115485 TZS for International students
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– Academic researcher
– Biomedical scientist
– Clinical research associate
– Clinical scientist, immunology
– Food technologist
– Medicinal chemist
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Tanzanian Students: $1,725
Tuition Fees for Tanzanian Students = 4,000,000 TZS
Tuition Fees for International Students = 9,238,800 TZS
– Fees paid will not be refunded if the student leaves or withdraws or leaves the college without permission
– Actual costs will vary depending upon the specific year and needs of the student.
– Foreign students shall be required to pay for resident permit, and must check the prevailing amount as may be determined by the Government from time to time.
– The University College reserves the right to change any fees, deposits, and other charges or any other provisions of this section at any time and without prior notification to the student or their sponsor and any such changes shall have immediate effect.