By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$0 /year|
|Applications Begin:||August 2020|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Sciences|
|Start Date:||October 2020|
|Academic Unit:||School of Health Sciences|
|Application Deadline:||September 2020|
To produce graduates with advanced scientific knowledge and innovative research minds who will contribute to health policies at the local, national and international levels.
Objective of Degree Programme:
– To train competent, inquisitive medical laboratory scientists
– To expose the students to multi-disciplinary Biomedical Sciences
– To enhance and equip students with research skills through Research Methodology
Skills to be acquired:
– Use of a wide range of biomedical science technology and equipment
– Confident and proactive in initiating and leading the health team in laboratory based research
– Innovative in development of new biomedical techniques
– A pass in the GCE Ordinary Level or Probatoire
– A pass in at least two GCE Advanced Level subjects or BAC
– A pass in English Language at the GCE Ordinary Level or proof of Proficiency in the English Language from an accredited Language Learning Centre or the University Intensive English Language Course
– Minimum of five Ordinary Level passes including the English Language Chemistry and Biology
– Minimum of two Advanced Level passes with a at least a “C” grade in Biology, in addition to the ‘O’ Level passes.
– Candidates must sit for and pass a competitive entrance examination (written and oral).
1. Pay a Registration Fee of 10.000frs into into any of our Bank Accounts: Cameroon and collect a receipt of payment.
Account Name: Catholic University of Cameroon, (CATUC) Bamenda
a) ECOBANK = 0200122608355201
b) SGBC = 05160350250-22
c) NFC BANK = 17301022306
d) Union Bank of Cameroon (UBC) = 00111013204
e) United Bank of Africa (UBA) = 04050000060
NB: All Payments should be done in the Student’s Name.
2. Present the Bank Receipt at the Registry, and collect an Application Form A1 (for Faculty of Business – FBMS, Faculty of Science – FSC, Faculty of Humanities -FHSS), or collect an Entrance Form (for those sitting the Entrance Exams into the Professional Schools; School of Engineering – SENG, School of Agriculture -STANR, School of Health & Medical Sciences -SHMS).
or Download the appropriate application form from the internet
3. Fill the Form A1 and submit it to the Registry with the following documents attached:
i. One clean photocopy of Birth Certificate
ii. One clean photocopy of GCE O’L Certificate/Result Slip or Probatoire
iii. One clean photocopy of GCE A’L Certificate/Result Slip or BAC
iv. 1000frs for Passport-size Photograph (hard & soft to be taken on campus)
– Students with foreign degrees/certificates should present Equivalences to their certificates obtained from the Ministry of Higher Education
–All students applying for the Philosophy programme should certify all their certificates.
Graduates will be fully and academically equipped for employment in government and non-governmental health and research establishments both at national and international levels. They are eligible to proceed to Postgraduate studies in any of the medical laboratory science fields at home and abroad
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Cameroonian Students: $0
Tuition Fees per year for Cameroonian Students = 645,500 F CFA
Tuition Fees per year for International Students = 1,045,500 F CFA
A message from the school about the 2020-2021 academic year reads:
Cognizant of the fact that the people of the Northwest and Southwest regions have been groaning under the weight of the socio-political crisis for close to four years now, and that currently the entire country is in the grips of the coronavirus (covid-19) pandemic which both have far-reaching economic implications, the Bishops of the Ecclesiastical Province of Bamenda have decided to grant certain percentage discounts on tuition fees to the ‘early birds’ who enrol on any of the school’s degree programmes, beginning next academic year till further notice.