By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
The Bachelor of science in Mechatronic Engineering course at J.K.U.AT is a 10 semester course spread over five years. It has an average of 16 course units per academic year.
In addition, every student is required to carry out an Internal Attachment (at the J.K.U.A.T Labs and Workshops) at the end of second year and industrial attachments (at approved industries with systems relevant to the curriculum) at the end of third and fourth years.
The Undergraduate experience is broad-based and includes, in the first two years, general education in mathematics, sciences and preliminary design courses that are common with curricula in other engineering programs.
– Communication Skills
– Calculus I
– Chemistry I
– Physics I
– Engineering Drawing and Design I
– Workshop Processes and Practice I
– Development Studies
– Calculus II
– Chemistry II
– Introduction to Computers
– Physics II
– Materials Science
– Engineering Drawing and Design II
– Workshop Processes and Practice II
– Calculus III
– Computer Programming I
– Planar Mechanisms I
– Workshop Processes and Practice III
– Engineering Drawing and Design III
– Analogue Electronics I
– Ordinary Differential Equations
– Engineering Materials
– Engineering Mechanics
– Workshop Processes and Practice IV
– Analogue Electronics II
– Circuit and Network Theory I
– Planar Mechanisms II
– Computer Programming II
– Fluid Mechanics
– Complex Analysis
– Engineering Design I
– Analogue Electronics III
– Solid and Structural Mechanics I
– Circuit and Network Theory II
– Electrical Machine Drives I
– Measurements and Instrumentation
– Production Technology I
– Partial Differential Equations
– Engineering Design II
– Digital Electronics I
– Solid and Structural Mechanics II
– Gear Mechanisms
– Electrical Machine Drives II
– Production Technology II
– Solid and Structural Mechanics III
– Control Engineering I
– Sensors and Transducers I
– Design of Mechatronic Systems I
– Microprocessors I
– Digital Electronics II
– Spatial Mechanisms I
– Numerical Analysis
– Power electronics
– Solid and Structural Mechanics IV
– Control Engineering II
– Design of Mechatronic Systems II
– Jig and Tool Design
– Microprocessors II
– Spatial Mechanisms II
– Computer Aided Design / Computer Aided Manufacturing
– Computer Controlled Manufacturing
– Sensors and Transducers II
– Industrial Management
– Digital Systems Design I
– Control Engineering III
– Signal Processing I
– Manufacturing Technology I
– Machine Design
– Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM)
– Manufacturing Process Planning
– Assembly Processes and Systems
– Industrial Law
– Experimental Stress Analysis
– Digital Systems Design II
– Control Engineering IV
– Signal Processing II
– Manufacturing Technology II
– Industrial Robotics
– Flexible Manufacturing Systems
The following are the Requirements for admission into the degree programme:
a. Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) applicants:
– A candidate must have a mean aggregrate of at least grade B – (minus); and
– The mean grade for the total score in the four cluster subjects must be at least B(plain) and;
– In the individual cluster subjects, a candidate must have at least the scores given below:
b. Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education (KACE) or the A-level equivalent Holders:
– At least two principal passes in Mathematics and Physics; and
– At least a total score of nine(9) points at the KACE or equivalent; and
– At least a credit pass in chemistry at the KCE or its equivalent.
c. Higher Diploma holders: A candidate holding a Higher Diploma from Kenya National Examination Council shall be admitted into the third year of study.
d. Diploma applicants: A candidate must be a holder of JKUAT diploma in engineering with at least a credit pass in the relevant discipline. Diploma holders will normally be admitted into the second year of study.
e. A holder of other qualifications recognized by the Senate as equivalent to a, b, c or d above.
How to Apply
Application Requirements for qualified students:
– A dully filled registration form – to be obtained from the offices/website upon payment of non-refundable fee.
– Two passport size photos.
– Copies of relevant certificates
Applications for the courses are on official application forms.
1. click to download JKUAT IT Department application form. or obtain a hand-copy from the office.
2. Pay a non-refundable application fee as follows:
– Certificates: Kshs500
– Diplomas: 1000
– Degrees: Kshs1,500
– Masters: 1,500
Bank Account Numbers:
– Standard Chartered Bank Account number 0108023434900
– Barclays Bank Account Number 0775001216
– Co-operative Bank of Kenya Account Number 01129098952900
– National Bank Account Number 0100359580600
– Equity Bank Account Number 0090291251426
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– Robotics engineer/technician.
– Automation engineer.
– Control system design/troubleshooting engineer.
– Electronics design engineer.
– Mechanical design engineer.
– Data scientist/big data analyst.
– Instrumentation engineer.
– Software engineer.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan and East Africa Community Students: $1,851
Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students = Kshs203,742
Tuition Fees for International Students = Kshs244,490
**EAC (East African Community) Students pay the same amount as Kenyan students. Countries in the East African Community include; Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda.
NOTE: The tuition fees charged, may vary from programme to programme and from time to time, with foreign students paying 20% more that the Kenyan students.