By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$1,133 /year|
|Applications Begin:||January 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Technology Education|
|Start Date:||August 2021|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Technical Education|
|Application Deadline:||July 2021|
The Mechanical Technology Education Programme has been designed to equip students with knowledge, skills, professional competencies and aptitudes to enable them teach the courses or subjects at all levels of education.
• Senior High School Certificate holders
• Higher National Diploma (HND) Certificate holders
• Teachers’ Certificate ‘A’ holders
Applicants seeking admission must be holders of any one of the following:
• WASSCE Certificate with at least Grade C6 in the following core subjects: English Language, Core Mathematics and Integrated Science and three elective from the following subjects: Chemistry, Physics, Elective Mathematics, Metalwork, Welding, Technical Drawing, Engineering Science, Applied Electricity, Electronics, Automotive Technology.
• SSSCE Certificate with Grade D or better in the following core subjects: English Language, Core Mathematics and Integrated Science and three elective from the following: Chemistry, Physics, Elective Mathematics, Metalwork, Welding, Technical Drawing, Engineering Science, Applied Electricity, Electronics, Automotive Technology.
• GCE Advanced Level Certificate with Grade D or better in three subjects in the area of specialization. They must also have credit passes (Grade 6) in any five (5) subjects in GCE ‘O’ Level including English Language, Mathematics and Science.
• Higher National Diploma (HND) Certificate in Mechanical Engineering (any option: Plant, Production, Workshop Processes). Successful HND applicants with Second Class Lower Division or better would be admitted at Level 200. Applicants with Certificates below Second Class Lower Division would be admitted at Level 100.
• PART III Certificate in any of the following
a. Motor Vehicle Technicians (MVT) Part III
b. Mechanical Engineering Technician (MET) Part III
All part III applicants must pass an interview
Applicants who do not satisfy any of the criteria specified above could apply as mature candidates but must be twenty-five (25) years old by August of the year of enrolment. Such applicants may be holders of any of the following:
i. Teachers’ Certificate ‘A’ (Technical Option)
ii. Mechanical Engineering Technician (MET) Part II Certificate,
iii. Advance City and Guilds Certificate in Mechanical Technology / Engineering.
iv. WASSCE OR SSSCE certificate
• All mature applicants must pass an Entrance Examination comprising Subject Area Test (SAT) and General Aptitude Test (GAT)
• All applicants must indicate whether they are opting for REGULAR or DISTANCE Mode of study
Applicants Should Follow the Guidelines below:
In all cases, the following documents should be attached to the completed online application forms:
– Copies of certificates
– Copies of Transcripts of academic record
– One recent passport-size photograph
– Three referees’ reports. (To be submitted directly by referees to) The Dean, School of Graduate Studies = UEWP.O. BOx 25WINNEBA
Applicants should note that:
-No application will be processed unless all requirements are fully met
– Any change of address must be communicated at once to the Dean, School of Graduate Studies
– A change of programme after submission of application forms will NOT be allowed
– ALL certificates and results slips other than those from the West African Examinations Council, the Universities in Ghana and Institutions accredited by the National Accreditation Board, should be cleared with the Accreditation Board and the evaluation report attached to the certificate(s)
– All applications must be submitted online at www.uew.edu.gh
– Teaching in public and private Institutions
– Workshop Demonstrators in Institutions
– Master Craftsmen in Mechanical Engineering Industry
– Self-employment for small and medium-scale enterprises
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Ghanaian Students: $1,133
Tuition Fees per year for Ghanaian Students = 6,508GHS
The Tuition Fees for International Students, is divided into FOUR main categories:
Tuition Fees per year for West African Countries = 16,865GHS (West African Countries include; Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo)
Tuition Fees per year for Other African Countries = 19,023GHS
Tuition Fees per year for Carribean countries = 21,181GHS
Tuition Fees per year for All Other Foreign Countries = 23,345GHS
NOTE: Included in the fees of Final Year Students are;
– Congregation fee of GHS350.00
– Alumni dues GHS10.00