By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$0 /year|
|Applications Begin:||August 2020|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering|
|Start Date:||January 2020|
|Academic Unit:||School of Engineering|
|Application Deadline:||September 2020|
Among the most diverse of the engineering fields, mechanical engineering affects almost all aspects of our lives and embraces many areas of specialization: automotive systems; bioengineering; combustion and propulsion; design methodology and tribology; dynamic systems and controls; energy systems and thermodynamics; fluid mechanics; heat transfer; manufacturing and production; materials behaviour and processing; and micro scale and Nano scale phenomena and systems.
What is Mechanical Engineering?
Mechanical Engineering is one of the oldest engineering disciplines, having culminated from the industrial revolution of the 19th century. Traditionally concerned with harnessing and converting energy forms, mechanical engineers are inherently multi-disciplinary. For example, the design of a car engine combines the fields of chemistry, thermodynamics, heat transfer, fluid dynamics, electronic controls, dynamics and vibrations, materials science, and mechanical design. Although the mechanical engineer may specialize in one of these fields, a cursory knowledge of each of these fields is necessary to interact with other engineers.
The mission of the Department of Mechanical Engineering is to prepare our graduates:
– To become science-based engineers and professionals, having a thorough knowledge of mathematics and physical science, a broad grasp of mechanical engineering principles and methods, and an ability to apply those fundamentals in practical situations;
– To develop as persons and professionals, continually expanding their knowledge and abilities, communicating effectively with others, exercising leadership, contributing as team members, and functioning capably within the global workforce; and
– To sustain and advance human society by contributing to technological innovation, creating new knowledge and new engineering techniques, as well as through service to professional societies and community services.
The educational objectives for the Mechanical Engineering programme reflect the mission of the Department of Mechanical Engineering and the importance placed on successful professional practice, the ability to pursue advanced degrees, the assumption of professional and societal leadership roles, and a commitment to life-long learning. The Catholic University of Cameroon, Bamenda Mechanical Engineering graduates will:
– Successfully enter a profession that involves Mechanical Engineering skills or pursue graduate/professional education.
– Advance in their chosen fields to management and/or technical leadership positions.
– Engage in continued learning through professional development.
– Participate in and contribute to professional societies and community services.
Why study Mechanical Engineering at SENG?
The mechanical engineering curriculum at The Catholic University of Cameroon educates students in logical thinking – a prerequisite for professional competence. The curriculum consists of basic theory courses complemented by laboratory experiences in dynamic systems and controls, design, experimentation, fluid mechanics, heat transfer, manufacturing, and materials.
Elective courses are offered in several areas including air conditioning, automotive engineering, computer aided design, controls, energy conversion, internal combustion engines, manufacturing, materials, polymer processing, nondestructive evaluation, metallurgy, power generation, stress analysis, fluid mechanics, turbo machinery, and others. The selection of elective courses is dictated by the interests and goals of the student with the aid of the department advisors.
Many students enhance their education by participating in internship programmes, which offer opportunities for employment in engineering positions while working toward a degree. Many students also participate in research projects through individual directed studies courses with a professor. The programme culminates with a senior design course sequence highlighted by real-life projects. Students benefit from the challenge and gratification that come through direct interaction with practicing engineers.
– A pass in the GCE Ordinary Level or Probatoire
– A pass in at least two GCE Advanced Level subjects or BAC
– A pass in English Language at the GCE Ordinary Level or proof of Proficiency in the English Language from an accredited Language Learning Centre or the University Intensive English Language Course
– A/L – Maths & Physics
1. Pay a Registration Fee of 10.000frs into into any of our Bank Accounts: Cameroon and collect a receipt of payment.
Account Name: Catholic University of Cameroon, (CATUC) Bamenda
a) ECOBANK = 0200122608355201
b) SGBC = 05160350250-22
c) NFC BANK = 17301022306
d) Union Bank of Cameroon (UBC) = 00111013204
e) United Bank of Africa (UBA) = 04050000060
NB: All Payments should be done in the Student’s Name.
2. Present the Bank Receipt at the Registry, and collect an Application Form A1 (for Faculty of Business – FBMS, Faculty of Science – FSC, Faculty of Humanities -FHSS), or collect an Entrance Form (for those sitting the Entrance Exams into the Professional Schools; School of Engineering – SENG, School of Agriculture -STANR, School of Health & Medical Sciences -SHMS).
or Download the appropriate application form from the internet
3. Fill the Form A1 and submit it to the Registry with the following documents attached:
i. One clean photocopy of Birth Certificate
ii. One clean photocopy of GCE O’L Certificate/Result Slip or Probatoire
iii. One clean photocopy of GCE A’L Certificate/Result Slip or BAC
iv. 1000frs for Passport-size Photograph (hard & soft to be taken on campus)
– Students with foreign degrees/certificates should present Equivalences to their certificates obtained from the Ministry of Higher Education
–All students applying for the Philosophy programme should certify all their certificates.
Mechanical engineers design machines, devices, various products and control systems, and work with the generation, conversion, transmission, and utilization of mechanical and thermal power. Assignments often include analysis and synthesis of mechanical, thermal, and fluid systems.
Mechanical engineers are also responsible for characterization, specification, and analysis of materials used in design and manufacturing. Manufacturing systems, robotics, electromechanical devices, and control systems are also the purview of the mechanical engineer. Graduates in mechanical engineering are among the most versatile engineers and enjoy professional employment in industry, government, consulting, and research organizations.
Mechanical engineers work in almost every industry that employs engineers. The work of mechanical engineers varies from general engineering to numerous, narrow specialties. In general, mechanical engineers work in one of the following areas: design, construction, controls, materials specification and evaluation, analysis of thermal systems, fluid and solid mechanics, manufacturing, plant engineering, research and development, and technical sales.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Cameroonian Students: $0
Tuition Fees per year for Cameroonian Students = 830,500 F CFA
Tuition Fees per year for International Students = 1,230,500 F CFA
A message from the school about the 2020-2021 academic year reads:
Cognizant of the fact that the people of the Northwest and Southwest regions have been groaning under the weight of the socio-political crisis for close to four years now, and that currently the entire country is in the grips of the coronavirus (covid-19) pandemic which both have far-reaching economic implications, the Bishops of the Ecclesiastical Province of Bamenda have decided to grant certain percentage discounts on tuition fees to the ‘early birds’ who enrol on any of the school’s degree programmes, beginning next academic year till further notice.