By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$921 /year|
|Applications Begin:||August 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics and Economics|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences|
|Application Deadline:||September 2021|
The B.A. (Mathematics and Economics) is a multi-disciplinary programme that offers learners understanding of economics, sociology and mathematics functions in real-life experiences.
The world that is facing diverse challenges it is important to train and nurture graduates with diverse analytical and critical skills that are necessary to cope with the expectations of the 21st Century. It is also imperative to prepare graduates of this course for the changing markets demands both in private and public sectors.
Mathematics provides problem-solving skills to a wide variety of fields, including: Banking and finance, Environmental modelling (resources, biodiversity, weather and climate), Information security (coding, cryptography) and Engineering (fluid mechanics, optimising industrial processes).
The Economics part enables students to understand how scarce resources are allocated and the Sociology part focuses on how society and social life influences people and helps shape their lives. This programme exposes learners to a wide range of career options.
Philosophy: Commitment to reconstruction of human past, training and research for social cohesion and economic development.
The curriculum for the B.A. (Mathematics and Economics) is a market-driven programme in both the public and private sectors. The programme will enable the graduates to apply the principles of sociology, economics and mathematics in processes of production, consumption, exchange and distribution of resources in societies globally.
The B.A. (Mathematics and Economics) programme aims at enabling students to have a good understanding of the theories, principles and analytical techniques in Economics, Sociology and Mathematics disciplines.
– The programme is normally covered in four (4) academic years for full-time students.
– Part-time students are allowed to cover it within six (6) academic years.
– In order to graduate, students in the programme must successfully complete at least 186 CFs.
– The course will be offered either through Full time, Part-time or Work-based and Distance Learning mode of delivery
– To be eligible for admission, the applicants must satisfy the general University requirements.
– In addition, a student must have attained at least B-(minus) grade in Mathematics or the equivalent in other examinations.
– Applicants with a Diploma in the Arts are eligible for admission provided that they passed with a “Credit” or higher. Additionally, they must have obtained at least a “Credit “in Mathematics.
Applications should be on official forms available at the University Main Campus at Chuka, Igembe Campus at Ntuene or Keigoi High School, Embu Campus in Embu Town, Chogoria Campus at Nturiri High School, Tharaka Campus at Gatunga High School, OR Website: www.chuka.ac.ke; A Non-refundable fee of KES 3000 for Phd programmes, KES 2,000 for degree and diploma programmes and KES 1000 for certificate courses will equally be deposited.
The following documents should be made available:
– Originals & a copy of all Transcripts, Diplomas or Certificates (All originals, where necessary, will be returned)
– One recent passport size photograph (write your name on reverse side)
– Copy of the National Identity Card or Birth Certificate
– Preferred Campus should be indicated on the application form
– Certified copies of certificates and original fee payment receipt MUST be attached to the application form and returned latest two weeks prior to the commencement dates given for the programmes
Expected Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion of the B.A. (Mathematics and Economics), the learner should be able to:
– Demonstrate understanding of advanced analytical skills in Economics and Mathematics.
– Use knowledge and skills in mathematics and economics to design research systems and effectively analyze the resulting data.
– Apply principles of economics and mathematics to solve social problems
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students: $921
Tuition fee per year for Kenyan Students = KES. 100,000
Tuition fee per year for International Students = KES 125,000
– The Institute reserves the right to change fees without prior notice. However, fee changes are subject to approval by the Governing Council.
– The University policy obliges students to pay the full amount of fees as required on the first day of reporting before they are registered.