By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$1,990 /year|
|Applications Begin:||April 2021|
|Final Award:||Master of Science in Medicine (Msc Med)|
|Start Date:||January 2022|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Health Sciences|
|Course Type:||Master by Dissertation|
|Application Deadline:||July 2021|
By submission of a dissertation, offered in the fields of:
– Anatomical Pathology
– Anatomical Sciences
– Chemical Pathology
– Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology
– Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases
– Community Health
– Critical Care
– Diagnostic Radiology
– Emergency Medicine
– Exposure Science
– Family Medicine
– Forensic Medicine
– Haematology and Molecular Medicine
– Health Sciences Education
– Human Genetics
– Internal Medicine
– Material Science
– Obstetrics and Gynaecology
– Occupational Therapy
– Oral Pathology
– Oral Biology
– Orthopaedic Surgery
– Radiation Oncology
– Rural Health
– Therapeutic Sciences
– Wits Reproductive and HIV Institute
Any of the following may be admitted as a candidate:
A graduate of the University of Witwatersrand who has been awarded any of the following degrees:
– Bachelor of Dental Science
– Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
– Bachelor of Nursing
– Bachelor of Science in Occupational therapy
– Bachelor of Pharmacy
– Bachelor of Science in Physiotherapy
– Bachelor of Science with Honours, or
– A graduate who has been awarded any other qualification, the normal curriculum of which extends over not less than four years’ full-time study, of the University, who in the opinion of Senate, is sufficiently qualified to undertake the field of study proposed or research (or both) required for the qualification, or
– Any person who has satisfied Senate, by means of written or oral test (or both), or by any other mode of assessment to be determined from time to time by Senate, that s/he is sufficiently qualified to undertake the line of study proposed or research (or both), required for the qualification.
How to apply
– Applications are handled centrally by the Student Enrolment Centre (SEnC). Once your application is complete in terms of requested documentation, your application will be referred to the relevant School for assessment. Click here to see an overview of the Wits applications process.
– Please apply online. Upload your supporting documents at the time of application, or via the Self Service Portal.
– Applicants can monitor the progress of their applications via the Self Service Portal, view academic application status, accept an offer (once certified hardcopies have been received by SEnC), apply and check residence application status, and generate a fees estimate.
– Selections for programmes that have a limited intake but attract a large number of applications may only finalise the application at the end of the application cycle.
Some career opportunities are;
– Public Health Worker
– Health Journalist
– Medical Teacher
– Crowd Doctor
– Medical Photographer
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for South African & SADC Students: $1,990
*For the MDent and MMed, holders of approved posts are entitled to 90% Remission of fees
*Students from the Southern African Development Community (SADC) member countries pay the same annual tuition fees as South Africans plus an International Registration Fee (IRF). The SADC member countries are Angola, Botswana, Democratic Republic of Congo, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
*Students sponsored by the Government of Rwanda will be treated as and pay the same amount as SADC students.
*Students from all other countries (Non-SADC) will pay the same amount as South African Students
*Diplomats and their dependents stationed in South Africa & International Wits employees and their dependents will pay South African tuition fees + International Registration Fee (IRF).