By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$1,785 /year|
|Part-time Study:||2 Years|
|Applications Begin:||10 January, 2020|
|Final Award:||Master of Science in Management Information Systems|
|Start Date:||August 2020|
|Academic Unit:||Department of Operations & Management Information Systems (OMIS)|
|Course Type:||Masters by Coursework|
|Application Deadline:||29 May 2020|
The programme offers an excellent opportunity for students in Africa to enjoy high standard British postgraduate-level education on their door step. The modules are delivered by staff from Henley Business School, supported by staff from the University of Ghana Business School. The programme prepares students for the fast growing profession of information management.
You would enjoy expertise from both institutions in the area of information systems and management. Similar programmes run in Reading, UK and China. Students have the opportunity to complete part of the programme in these locations (additional fees may apply).
We welcome applicants from recent university graduates as well as experienced professionals. Classes are taught in the evening and at weekends (in blocks) to support attendance of working professionals.
• Understand the underpinning theory and methodology to information systems
• Identify the user requirements and suitable IT systems solutions
• Perform analysis and design of a systems solution using appropriate technology
• Prepare a research proposal for a dissertation project through an exploration of research methods, data collection and analysis, ethical and political issues
Business Domain and Requirement Analysis
• Articulate information systems solutions for the business based on business practices and management at operational and strategic level
• Examine the role of information systems in achieving corporate objectives, supporting operations, and managing business intelligence and knowledge
Organisational Design and Performance Management
• Recognise and assess critically the organisational models to ensure those organisational elements are rightly integrated for adding value to the business
• Design an effective organisation within its market niche and review its business performance for sustainability
• Provide sensible outcomes of performance assessment for the right people making the right decision at the right time
• Conduct research and apply knowledge into practice through an independent project
Optional Modules may include two of the following: Business Intelligence and Data Mining, Systems Analysis and Design, IT Project Management, Enterprise Systems and Business Communication & Negotiations
• Minimum upper second-class bachelors degree, or an equivalent qualification from an internationally recognised university
• WAEC or GCSE (English grade C or above), or IELTS 6.5 score (minimum) with no single element below 5.5
• Prior knowledge or experience of your chosen subject area is not required. We welcome applications from recent university graduates from a wide range of disciplines
Simply apply online using the University of Reading’s online application system here
Ensure that the following documents are included in your online application:
• Bachelors degree certificate and transcript
• WAEC or GCSE or IELTS certificate (see above for requirements)
• Two academic references (if available)
The Master’s in Information Systems provides you with outstanding career opportunities. After graduation, you can pursue a career that links technology, people and business. You can seek positions such as:
• Systems architect,
• IT consultant,
• IS designer,
• IT project manager,
• UX designer,
• Business and systems analyst,
• Business process engineer,
• Business intelligence analyst.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Ghanaian students: $1,785
Tuition fees are £7,200 (full-time) and £3,960 (part-time). The fees can be paid in two installments.
Dr. Anthony Afful Dadzie
Dr. Eric Afful-Dadzie
Dr. Emmanuel Kolog Awuni
Dr. Francis Yaw Banuro
Professor. Richard Boateng
Prof. John Effah
Dr. Kwaku Ohene-Asare
Dr. Acheampong Owusu
Mr. P. K Senyo