By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$0 /year|
|Applications Begin:||June 2020|
|Final Award:||Diploma in Leather Technology|
|Start Date:||September 2020|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Veterinary Medicine|
|Campus:||Upper Kabete Campus|
|Application Deadline:||30 September 2020|
The common regulations governing the credit transfer and exemption of courses of the University of Nairobi shall apply.
– The course shall consist of 35 course units consisting of lectures, practical, demonstrations, seminars, Field and Industrial Attachment, Research Project and Examinations. A course unit shall be defined as 45 contact hours of lectures and practical.
– The course shall take a minimum of two years and a maximum of 4 years. Each academic year shall comprise of two semesters of 15 weeks duration. In addition, there shall be a third semester during the first year of study, comprising of 8 weeks duration (equivalent to 7 course units).
– A candidate shall be required to take a relevant Field and Industrial Attachment during the third semester of the first year of study. The institutions for attachment shall be identified by the candidate in consultation with the course coordinator and the Chairman of the Faculty Projects and Attachment Committee. During the first and second semester of the second year of study, a candidate shall be required to develop a research project proposal relevant in any of the fields of his/her interest in Leather Technology. The research proposal shall be executed and written as a technical report and submitted for examination at least six weeks before the end of the final semester. A candidate shall be expected to consult their supervisor in developing and executing the project proposal, as well as preparing the report.
The common admission requirements for diploma courses of the University of Nairobi, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine shall apply and applicants with the following minimum qualifications shall be admissible:
– Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade C or equivalent with at least grade C in Chemistry, and one other subject such as Biology, or Physics or Physical Science.
– KCSE mean grade C- with at least grade C in Chemistry or equivalent plus a Certificate in Leather Technology, or Hides and Skins Improvement, or Animal Health and Production, or Range Management, or Laboratory Technology or a relevant professional field from institutions recognized by the Senate.
– ’O’ level Division III with at least a pass in Chemistry or Physical Sciences.
– ’A’ level with a minimum of two subsidiary passes or equivalent; one of which must be in Chemistry, and the other in either Biology, or Physics, or Mathematics, or Geography.
– Equivalent qualifications to the above from institutions recognized by the Senate.
How to Apply:
Applicants should visit = https://application.uonbi.ac.ke/ to apply Online
University of Nairobi has three intakes in an Academic year. Main intake being in September/October for all the courses and December/January for Bachelor of Education(Arts), Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism April/May for Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Education(Arts), Bachelor of Education Early Childhood, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Economics ,Bachelor of Economics and Statistics ,Bachelor of Journalism and media Studies, Bachelor of Art Broadcast Production, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism, Bachelor of Arts Broadcast Production and all Diploma and Certificate courses.
Leather technologists have several opportunities to choose from. As such, finding a lucrative job and suitable post in the leather industry will not be a problem. One needs to create and develop new and up-to-date patterns, while keeping the latest trends in mind. With a good academic record, coupled with ample training, a fresh graduate can be offered managerial positions in leather firms, export houses, and government organizations. Footwear, leather garments, and leather products industries are the major sectors to seek employment.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students: $0
Tuition Fees per year for Kenyan Students =
Tuition Fees per year for International Students =
**This programme will be completed after a duration of 2 years, with fees per year as follows:
– First year =
– Second year =
International Students pay 20% more than the Kenyan Students.