By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$0 /year|
|Applications Begin:||September 2020|
|Final Award:||Master of Law|
|Start Date:||January 2021|
|Academic Unit:||Strathmore Law School|
|Application Deadline:||January 2021|
The Master of Laws at Strathmore Law School is an 18 month programme designed for experienced lawyers and legal practitioners who wish to expand their knowledge and expertise without interrupting their careers. The SLS LL.M offers the students first-rate increased understanding of local, regional and international legal principles. Students may enroll for a general LL.M or may choose to major in one of the five thematic areas of law offered, namely Intellectual Property Law, International Criminal Law, International Financial Law and Regulation, Oil & Gas Law and Corporate & International Tax Law.
Through lectures taught by predominantly international faculty members, case studies depicting actual problem cases in the industry, research and through group work amongst academic peers, the Programme will aim to provide students with the theoretical and practical building blocks and conceptual tools necessary for the more advanced tasks they will be called upon throughout the course.
The learning outcomes of the Master of Laws programme are to:
1. Critically assess and provide modern, innovative and adequate legal training to complex situations in their line of work at individual, institutional, national and regional level.
2. Acquire advanced specialist knowledge in emerging areas of the law with an in-depth knowledge guided by the specific choices the candidates may make during their progression within the LLM programme.
3. Conduct independent academic legal research in the legal field and to make a societally relevant contribution to the development of the law.
4. Independently engage in academic discourse with peers from a diversity of legal backgrounds.Our LL.M offers the students increased understanding of local, regional and international legal principles.
Applicants should have a minimum of two years’ working experience in the legal field. We administer our own Graduate Entrance Exam (GEE), but a candidate may present their GMAT results if they are less than four years old. The application fee is KES 5,000 payable upon registration for the GEE or upon submission of GMAT results. Additionally, candidates must meet the following academic and work experience qualifications:
• Holders of First Class or Upper Second Class honours degree in Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) from recognized universities, with at least two years relevant academic or professional experience; or
• Holders of other related qualifications from recognised universities, considered by the Academic Council as equivalent to a First Class or Upper Second Class honours degree in Bachelor of Laws (LL.B); or
• Holders of Lower Second Class degree in Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) plus postgraduate diplomas or certificates, or with at least three years relevant academic or professional experience.
• Holders of a qualification equivalent to a Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) degree or any similar degree in the legal field, issued by a recognised university. These may be admitted to the Master’s degree only under exceptional circumstances. The conditions under which they may be admitted will be determined by the School Board, Board of Graduate Studies and approved by the Academic Council.
NOTE: If the certificate you obtained in your country is not mentioned above, please message the “Course Contacts” and they will be able to answer all your questions.
How to Apply
Application forms are available at the SLS Office or can be downloaded from www.law.strathmore.edu. Send the completed application form with your CV, two reference letters (one professional / official and one personal / academic), copies of your academic certificates and transcripts, and a passport size photograph to email@example.com.
You may also drop your fully completed application form at the school offices. For inquiries, call the Programme Manager on +254-703-034-607
Some career opportunities for this programme include:
– CORRECTIONAL OFFICER
– COURT CLERK
– COURT USHER
– LEGAL INTERPRETER
– LEGAL SECRETARY
– LEGAL TRANSLATOR
– OFFICIAL STENOGRAPHER
– POLICE OFFICER
– PROBATION OFFICER
– SOCIAL WORKER
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students: $0
Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students =
Tuition Fees for International Students =
**The fees can be changed at anytime as decided by the school authorities.