By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$1,845 /year|
|Applications Begin:||January 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Laws|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
|Academic Unit:||School of Law|
|Application Deadline:||May 2021|
The general purpose of the programme is to produce graduates for employment in public service, international organizations, private sector, and other related fields; as well as for postgraduate studies in law and related disciplines.
Expected Learning Outcomes
At the end of the programme, a graduate of Bachelor of Laws is expected to:
1)Demonstrate a clear comprehension of the theory and substance of law.
2)Handle legal matters with a strong manifestation of sound legal knowledge, moral values and professional responsibility.
3)Communicate clearly and logically with clients and other players in the legal system. 4)Competently draft and edit legal briefs and other documents.
5)Efficiently carry out research on any legal issues
– Bible I for Lawyers
– Communication Skills
– Law of Tort I
– Legal Research and Writing
– Constitutional Law I
– Law of Contracts I
– Criminology and Penology
– Social Foundations of Law
– Introduction to Computer Applications
– Bible II for Lawyers
– Torts II
– Constitutional Law II
– Law of Contracts II
– Legal Systems and Methods
– Criminal Law
– First Semester
– Criminal Procedure and Practice
– Law of Evidence I
– Elections Law
– Civil Procedure I
– Administrative Law
– Law of Equity and Trusts
– Fundamental Rights and Freedoms
– Public International Law
– Law of Evidence II
– Civil Procedure II
– Judicial Review
– Commercial Law
– Devolution and Governance Law
– International Humanitarian Law
– International Human Rights Law
– Judicial Attachment
– Law of Business Associations I
– Property Law I
– Family and Succession Law I
– Labour Law
– The students shall choose any three of the following electives:
– Consumer Protection Law 3 Accounting for Lawyers
– Taxation Law
– Oil, Gas and Energy
– Alternative Dispute Resolution
– Property Law II
– Family and Succession Law II
– International Criminal Law
– Environmental and Natural Resources Law
– Law of Business Associations II
– The students will choose any three of the following electives:
– East Africa Community and Regional
– Integration Law
– Law of Insurance
– Trial Advocacy
– Competition Law
– Banking Law and Practice
– Professional Ethics
– Intellectual Property
– Research Paper – Part I
– The students will choose any two of the following electives:
– International Trade Law
– Securities Regulation Law
– International Air and Space Law
– Public Procurement Law
– Conveyancing Law and Practice
– Research Paper
The students will choose any two of the following electives:
– Children and the Law
– Gender and the Law
– Cyberspace Law
– Public Health Law
KCSE C+ with B (plain) in English or Kiswahili.
How to Apply
**DOWNLOAD & PRINT Application Forms OR OBTAIN Application Forms from the Office of the Registrar (Academic Affairs)
**Duly completed forms should be returned to any of the below offices with non-refundable fee as follows:
– Undergraduate – Kshs. 1,000
– Postgraduate – Kshs. 1,500
Official Kabarak University Bank Accounts / Accepted Payment Means:
– Standard Chartered Bank – 01040-943637-01 Nakuru;
– Trans National Bank – 0040503005 Nakuru;
– Kenya Commercial Bank – 1109663161 Nakuru;
– Equity Bank – 0310294445167 Nakuru Kenyatta Avenue.
– New students – M-PESA paybill /Business number 511480- Enter your National ID Number as account number.
– Continuing students only – MPESA PayBill /Business number 983100 – Enter your Registration Number as Account number. e.g CM/M/1234/01/17 NB. Confirm that all details are correct.
Select “Pay Bill” from M-pesa menu.
Enter Kabarak University business number 983100
Enter your Full Student Admission Number as account number e.g CM/M/1234/01/16.
Enter the amount you wish to pay.
Enter your M-pesa PIN
Confirm that all details are correct
You will receive a confirmation of the transaction via SMS. Paying your Fees with M-PESA (Continuing Students Only)
Paying through M-Pesa by Non Students
– Select “Pay Bill” from M-pesa menu.
– Enter Kabarak University business number 511480
– Enter your Name or ID Number as account number.
– Enter the amount you wish to pay.
– Enter your M-pesa PIN
– Confirm that all details are correct
– You will receive a confirmation of the transaction via SMS.
No application is valid unless the appropriate application fee has been paid. Application forms can be accessed through an online application or downloaded.
The following documents should be attached to the application form:
– Copies of certificates and all transcripts
– Two (2)recent passport size photographs (write your name on reverse side)
– Copy of national ID/Passport or Birth Certificate
Additional Requirements for International Students:
– An official translation of academic records (where the language of study is not English)
– A current financial guarantee letter
– A completed immigration pass form (2 forms enclosed)
– Academic document equation fee
– A copy of Passport
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– Professional counseling
– Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
– Development Agencies
– Government and politics
– Banking and finance
– Journalism or Writing
– Public Interest Advocacy
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan Student: $1,845
Tuition fees per year for Kenyan Students = KES 200,000
Tuition fees per year for International students = KES 200,000
– The University reserves the right to adjust fees from time to time.
– The Tuition fees do not include charges for other requirements such as medical examination, caution money, identity card, graduation etc