By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$1,454 /year|
|Applications Begin:||January 2020|
|Final Award:||Master of Science in IT Security and Audit|
|Start Date:||September 2020|
|Academic Unit:||School of Science, Engineering and Technology|
|Application Deadline:||May 2021|
The goal of the Master of Science in I.T Security and Audit course is to impart practical skills and knowledge in various aspects of I.T Security and Audit. This also includes such areas as information confidentiality, integrity, governance, compliance, audit assurance, and risk management. This programme aims at providing skills in the area of research methods and techniques, thereby producing IT Security and Audit scholars and educators.
Expected Learning Outcomes
At the end of the program, a graduate of MSc in IT Security and Audit should have skills to perform the following tasks:
a)Apply IT security and Audit knowledge, skills, techniques and tools to create best-possible solutions to practical problems of varying complexity, in a wide range of contexts.
b)Facilitate the acquisition, adoption and adaptation of information security best practices and audit knowledge, techniques and tools to improve organizations’ security and performance.
c)Pursue careers in research & development, academics, consultancy services and industry.
Minimum Admission Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/IT Second Class (Upper); OR Second Class (Lower) with Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science; OR evidence of extensive research experience as demonstrated by publications in peer reviewed journals.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
1. An official translation of academic records (where language of study is not English)
2. A current financial guarantee letter
3. A completed immigration pass form (2 forms enclosed)
4. Academic document equation fee
5. A copy of Passport
How to Apply
**DOWNLOAD & PRINT Application Forms OR OBTAIN Application Forms from the Office of the Registrar (Academic Affairs)
**Duly completed forms should be returned to any of the below offices with non-refundable fee as follows:
– Undergraduate – Kshs. 1,000
– Postgraduate – Kshs. 1,500
Official Kabarak University Bank Accounts / Accepted Payment Means:
– Standard Chartered Bank – 01040-943637-01 Nakuru;
– Trans National Bank – 0040503005 Nakuru;
– Kenya Commercial Bank – 1109663161 Nakuru;
– Equity Bank – 0310294445167 Nakuru Kenyatta Avenue.
– New students – M-PESA paybill /Business number 511480- Enter your National ID Number as account number.
– Continuing students only – MPESA PayBill /Business number 983100 – Enter your Registration Number as Account number. e.g CM/M/1234/01/17 NB. Confirm that all details are correct.
Select “Pay Bill” from M-pesa menu.
Enter Kabarak University business number 983100
Enter your Full Student Admission Number as account number e.g CM/M/1234/01/16.
Enter the amount you wish to pay.
Enter your M-pesa PIN
Confirm that all details are correct
You will receive a confirmation of the transaction via SMS. Paying your Fees with M-PESA (Continuing Students Only)
Paying through M-Pesa by Non Students
– Select “Pay Bill” from M-pesa menu.
– Enter Kabarak University business number 511480
– Enter your Name or ID Number as account number.
– Enter the amount you wish to pay.
– Enter your M-pesa PIN
– Confirm that all details are correct
– You will receive a confirmation of the transaction via SMS.
No application is valid unless the appropriate application fee has been paid. Application forms can be accessed through an online application or downloaded.
The following documents should be attached to the application form:
– Copies of certificates and all transcripts
– Two (2)recent passport size photographs (write your name on reverse side)
– Copy of national ID/Passport or Birth Certificate
Additional Requirements for International Students:
– An official translation of academic records (where language of study is not English)
– A current financial guarantee letter
– A completed immigration pass form (2 forms enclosed)
– Academic document equation fee
– A copy of Passport
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– Security Analyst
– Security Engineer
– Security Architect
– Security Administrator
– Security Software Developer
– Security Consultant.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students: $1,454
Tuition fees per year for Kenyan Students = KES 160,000
Tuition fees per year for International students = KES 160,000
– The University reserves the right to adjust fees from time to time.
– The Tuition fees does not include charges for other requirements such as medical examination, caution money, identity card, graduation etc