By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
Aims and Objectives of the Course
The Degree Program is aimed at producing graduates who will:
– Provide the knowledge and skills necessary to design, build integrate and support Information Technology solutions in the Information and Computer Technology Industry.
– Use the skills obtained for self employment.
– Participate in a professional manner in the development of modern Information Technology products and services.
– Specify, design and implement computer based elements of computer systems which are technically and economically acceptable.
– Develop skills and abilities in an independent professional manner with a vie to managing their own professional business in Information Technology such as E-commerce.
– KCSE C+ (Plus) with C (Plain) in Maths and English
– Two Principle passes at K.A.C.E
– A Pass in Diploma in Information Technology (IT), or Computer Technology.
Or an equivalent qualification recognized by Senate
NB: JKUAT Diploma holders in IT who have obtained a Credit pass and above or equivalent join the B.Sc. IT Course in Stage II.
How to Apply
Application Requirements for qualified students:
– A dully filled registration form – to be obtained from the offices/website upon payment of non-refundable fee.
– Two passport size photos.
– Copies of relevant certificates
Applications for the courses are on official application forms.
1. click to download JKUAT IT Department application form. or obtain a hand-copy from the office.
2. Pay a non-refundable application fee as follows:
– Certificates: Kshs500
– Diplomas: 1000
– Degrees: Kshs1,500
– Masters: 1,500
Bank Account Numbers:
– Standard Chartered Bank Account number 0108023434900
– Barclays Bank Account Number 0775001216
– Co-operative Bank of Kenya Account Number 01129098952900
– National Bank Account Number 0100359580600
– Equity Bank Account Number 0090291251426
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– Application analyst.
– Cyber security analyst.
– Data analyst.
– Data scientist.
– Database administrator.
– Information systems manager.
– IT consultant.
– IT technical support officer.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan and East Africa Community Students: $1,657
Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students = Kshs182,413
Tuition Fees for International Students = Kshs218,895
**EAC (East African Community) Students pay the same amount as Kenyan students. Countries in the East African Community include; Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda.
NOTE: The tuition fees charged, may vary from programme to programme and from time to time, with foreign students paying 20% more that the Kenyan students.