By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$651 /year|
|Applications Begin:||May 2021|
|Final Award:||International Relations and Diplomatic Studies|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
|Academic Unit:||College of Humanities and Social Sciences|
|Application Deadline:||September 2021|
The programme is largely a theoretical programme with some practical experiences to be achieved through research and scholarly writing skills. The programme duration is two academic years consisting of four semesters.
The programme shall be conducted by course work and examinations. The last two weeks of both semesters of the academic year shall be used for end of semester examinations. The courses shall be conducted on a credit unit basis.
Students taking Plan A are required to defend their proposal in accordance with the University rules. Candidates pursuing Masters Degree by coursework and dissertation/ project report shall be required to defend their dissertations/project reports before a panel of experts appointed by the university.
– By the end of Year One each, student taking Plan A shall be required to submit a research proposal to the research committee, which shall scrutinise and subject it to a hearing.
-Each student will come up with a well-written dissertation/ report during their last year of study which will be examined by at least six experts in and outside the school.
– Plan B is by coursework and project. This option is for students who are already middle executives in government, NGOs and other institutions but do not need rigorous research skills leading to a traditional academic masters degree dissertation.
They instead require deeper analysis of aspects of international relations theory, knowledge and critical issues in the international system and how to deal with such issues. The option is purely for capacity building.
To be eligible for admission, applicants to the programme should, at a minimum, hold an honors degree (or its equivalent) in International Relations or a related discipline from a recognized University. Practical experience in diplomacy and related fields shall advantage an applicant.
Kampala International University admits 3 times in a year; in December/January, March/April and August/September.
Step 1: Pick-up an application form from the Admissions office at any of our Campuses below:
– Admission office at Main Campus in Kansanga, Kampala.
– Western Campus in Bushenyi
– For international applicants in Kenya and Tanzania, visit our offices in Nairobi and Tanzania.
– For other countries, visit the KIU Liaison Offices.
– Alternatively, download an application form from KIU website: Download It Here which can be filled and sent to email@example.com
NOTE: Click on the link to complete the online application: https://admissions.kiu.ac.ug (a scanned copy of the admission letter will be sent to your email, and once the application has been approved, the original copy will be collected from our Main campus in Kansanga (Admissions Office-Online Desk)
The application fee is 50,000Ug.shs for both Ugandans and International students (non-Ugandans). For online applicants, the application fee is paid to the Finance Office when you report collecting the original admission.
Step 2: Complete the application forms clearly and enclose or attach the following:
– 3 photocopies of each ‘O’ and ‘A’ Level Secondary school result slips or equivalent [Diploma and Bachelor Degree] and three certified copies of transcripts of Bachelor and Master Degrees [postgraduate degrees].
– A photocopy of a receipt for payment for the application form.
– 3 recent passport size photographs.
– Photocopies of Birth Certificate/ National ID/ Passport
Step 3: Submit a fully completed form with the required attachments to the following addresses:
– By physical submission – kindly return form and attachments to the Admission office.
– By email – kindly send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
– By post – kindly send to:
The Director of Admissions, Kampala International University
Tel: +256-041-266813, +256-392001816, +256-041-267634
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– Civil Service fast streamer
– Diplomatic service officer
– Government social research officer
– Intelligence analyst
– International aid/development worker
– Policy officer
– Political risk analyst
– Public affairs consultant.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Ugandan Students: $651
Tuition Fees for Ugandan Students = 2,400,000 UGX
Tuition Fees for International Students = 5,628,732 UGX
**The Kampala International University reserves the right to change fees without prior notice. However, fee changes are subject to approval by the Governing Council.