By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$0 /year|
|Applications Begin:||June 2020|
|Final Award:||Master of Medicine in Internal Medicine|
|Start Date:||September 2020|
|Academic Unit:||School of Medicine|
|Campus:||Kenyatta National Hospital Campus|
|Application Deadline:||9 October 2020|
This is a student oriented course structure.
The programme will be divided into two parts here below referred to as Part I and Part II M.Med Programmes. The programmes would be run over a minimum of three years full time course of study by course work, dissertation and examination.
In addition to the basic entry requirements for postgraduate degree courses of the University of Nairobi, the candidate eligible for admission into the programme shall fulfil the following conditions:
– Be in possession of a medical degree obtained in an institution recognised by the University of Nairobi Senate and registrable in Kenya with the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
– Should have completed at least one year of internship in a medical institution recognized by the University of Nairobi’s Senate.
– Following internship should have preferably at least one year of clinical experience as a medical officer or equivalent in a hospital or institution recognized by the University of Nairobi Senate.
– Produce evidence of good personal character and professional status attested by two acceptable references. These shall be from senior members of the medical profession of Consultant status or equivalent.
– The application shall be reviewed and approved by the members of the Department of Medicine after which the successful candidate will be called for interview.
– The interview will be in two parts – a written exam set by the Department of Medicine and an oral interview set by the Faculty Board of Examiners.
How to Apply:
Applicants should visit = https://application.uonbi.ac.ke/ to apply Online
University of Nairobi has three intakes in an Academic year. Main intake being in September/October for all the courses and December/January for Bachelor of Education(Arts), Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism April/May for Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Education(Arts), Bachelor of Education Early Childhood, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Economics ,Bachelor of Economics and Statistics ,Bachelor of Journalism and media Studies, Bachelor of Art Broadcast Production, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism, Bachelor of Arts Broadcast Production and all Diploma and Certificate courses.
Graduates of this programme will get jobs in the following areas:
– adolescent medicine
– sports medicine
– interventional cardiology
– infectious disease
– geriatric medicine
– sleep medicine and hematology
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students: $0
Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students =
Tuition Fees for International Students =
**This programme will be completed after a duration of 3 years, with fees per year as follows:
– First year =
– Second year =
– Third year =
International Students pay 20% more than the Kenyan Students.