By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$752 /year|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Information Technology|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Application Deadline:||September 2021|
Bachelor of Information Technology is a three year degree Programme designed with the aim of imparting both theoretical knowledge and practical skills in the use and application of Information Technology. The Programme, developed in consultation with the IT industry and employers, will deliver a mix of knowledge, skills and experience that are necessary for an IT professional.
The objectives of the BIT Programme are to:
– Expose the student to the fundamental knowledge regarding technical concepts and practices in Information Technology (IT)
– Train the student in fundamental areas of Information Technology along with in-depth understanding in a particular area of interest
– Train the student in critical thinking and problem solving skills coupled with the ability to analyse the impact of technology on individuals, organizations and society including ethical, legal and public policy issues.
– Prepare the student for team collaboration to accomplish common goals
– Equip the student with skills to be able to communicate efficiently with both technical and nontechnical
– Impart skills that enable the student to identify and evaluate current and emerging technologies and assess their applicability in addressing the users’ needs
– Train the student in date inference, rational decision making on the basis of that information while ensuring data integrity and privacy
– Prepare the student for graduate studies in information security, information systems, telecommunications, and other related Information Technology areas
– Introduction To Information Communication Technology
– Discrete Mathematics
– Computer Applications
– Fundamentals Of Information Systems
– Communication Skills
– Introduction To Database Systems
– Internet Technology And Web Design
– Introduction To Statistics & Probability
– Principles Of Programming
– Database Development And Management
– Systems Analysis And Design
– Web Development And Management
– Computer Networks & Data Communication
– Object Oriented Programming
– Entreprenuership & Small Businesses Management
– Multimedia Systems
– Research Methodology In Computing
– Computer Repair And Maintenance
– Application Development
– Operating Systems
– Industrial Training
– ICT Project Planning And Management
– Mobile Application Development
– Business Systems Modelling
– Network Configuration & Management
– Software Engineering
Electives (Choose one Course)
– Human Computer Interaction
– Communication Systems
– Professional Issues In
– Distributed System Development
– User Interface Design
– Network And Information Security
– Graduation Project
Electives (Choose one Course)
– Business Intelligence
– BIT 325 Information Systems Audit
The minimum entry requirements for admission are:
(a) At least five (5) passes at the Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) obtained at the same sitting or its equivalent
(b) At least two (2) principal passes at the Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) obtained at the same sitting or its equivalent.
– Conditional admission will be verified after getting the Uganda National Examinations Board (UNEB) Results print – out.
– Within the framework of the general direct entry requirements, there may be Special Faculty Requirements which a candidate must fulfill to gain admission to a programme in a specific Faculty.
Mature Age Entry
(a) A candidate must be at least 25 years of age
(b) The candidate must have passed Mature Age Entry Examinations with 50% mark or above
(c) The Mature Age Entry Examinations must have been taken at a Centre approved by the NCHE
(d)No candidate who had previously attended a programme at Cavendish University Uganda shall be readmitted to the University under this scheme to a programme of study in which he/she failed to qualify during his/her previous attendance.
A Diploma Holder`s Avenue
A candidate must have obtained at least a second class/credit diploma or the equivalent performance which is relevant to his/her desired field of study from a recognized institution.
Foundation Programme Certificate
A candidate who holds a Foundation Programme Certificate from a recognized institution is eligible for admission.
Applications submitted by candidates who do not meet the traditional entry criteria can only be considered after consultations with the NCHE for guidance and with the approval of the Senate.
Admission to level Other than the First Year
Admission to the second or third or any other year requires the special consideration and permission of the relevant Faculty Board and the Senate in accordance with the University policies on Exemption and Credit Accumulation and Transfer.
A holder of a 12- year-system of education Certificate:
A holder of this Certificate such as the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education or the equivalent is required to successfully complete a Foundation Year before enrolling for the Bachelor`s degree programme.
– The University may consider for admission to a degree programme a candidate who has successfully completed a 12 – year – system of education provided that such a candidate has been registered at another University, prior to applying to Cavendish University Uganda, for a degree programme and has successfully completed at least one year of University education. Such a candidate must, however, submit the University academic transcript from that other University.
The Candidate must have a qualification that is recognized for University entry in his/her home country or country where he/she has studied. The applicant will be offered a provisional admission for one semester pending equating of his/her qualification.
Application is done Online at : https://cavendish.ac.ug/student-application-form
Career Opportunities for Bachelor of Information Technology include:
– Software Developers
– Information Technology Consultant
– Computer Forensic Analyst
– Information Technology Business Analyst
– Computer Network Architect
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Ugandan Students: $752
Tuition Fees per year for Ugandan Students = 2,773,000 UGX
Tuition Fees per year for International Students = 3,197,108 UGX
** The annual tuition is an addition of the fees for each of the two semesters 1,386,500 UGX (Ugandans) and 420 USD (International Students)
**Students who pay in advance will be have a 5% discount.