By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$559 /year|
|Applications Begin:||June 2020|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Science in Information Technology and Systems|
|Start Date:||October 2020|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Application Deadline:||September 2020|
This programme is offered to students interested in working within business environments applying computing science knowledge, rather than focusing only on software development. This is especially true in businesses, particularly for small and medium enterprises. The degree programme will equip graduates with expertise enough to keep information technology and applied system in an organization. The main focus of such operations may include:
(1) development of technologies and systems,
(2) installation, configuration and customization of applications,
(3) system integration, and
(4) maintaining day to day IT related operations.
– Development Perspectives
– Introduction to Information technology and System Organization
– Principal of Computer Programming (High level languages)
– Databases and Database Systems
– Elementary Statistics
– Object Oriented Programming with Java
– Computer Architecture
– Computer Networks
– Algorithms and data structures
– Linear Algebra
– Systems and Software Engineering
– Advanced Computer Networks
– System analysis and design
– Discrete Mathematics
– Calculus and Foundational Analysis
– Web application design and implementation with PHP or JSP
– Computer graphics
– Operating Systems
– Distributed systems
– Management of IT projects
– Informatics Research and development methodologies
– Advanced Databases and Database Implementation
– Business informatics
– Final Year Projects
– Collaborative networks and facilitating technologies
– Human computer interactions
– Social informatics
– Object oriented programming with C++
– E-Business and E-Commerce
– Data warehousing
– Fundamentals of Artificial Intelligence
• Graduate of advanced certificate of secondary education examination (ACSEE) with subject combination of PCM, PGM, EGM, or any other combination with advanced mathematics as a one of the major subject. The applicants must possess at least a “Credit pass”of basic mathematics at O-level and at least “Principal pass”of advanced mathematics at A-level secondary school.
• Graduate of diploma in computer science or related discipline “with final score equivalent to an upper second of GPA system” and “with at least “Principal pass” grade of mathematics at A-level secondary school or at least “Credit pass” of mathematics at O-level secondary school”.
• Full technician certificate in computer science or related discipline with at least an average score of Band at least a “Credit pass”of mathematics at O-level
• Certificate of Information Technology of Mzumbe University or equivalent to that from other recognized institution with high grade of at least an upper second grade GPA and the applicants must possess at least a “Credit pass”of basic mathematics at O-level or at least “Principal pass” of mathematics at A-level secondary school
How to Apply
All applications are made through the University Online Application and Admission Portal (MUAAAP) available at admission.mzumbe.ac.tz. Please follow carefully the steps in the online application system. Before you go to online application system, make sure you have an email address and a mobile phone number.
Before proceeding with the application take note of following:
(a) An application with Foreign Secondary Certificates must be accompanied by the National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) Equivalence translations.
(b) Applications with Foreign Certificates (Equivalent Qualifications) must be accompanied by the National Council for Technical Education (NACTE) Equivalence translations.
(c) Make payment of an application Fee, a Non-refundable TZS 10,000/=by following payment procedures after completing the Online Application and Admission System at admission.mzumbe.ac.tz
(d) Successful applicants will be notified through Mzumbe University Website, their system user accounts, email addresses and SMS through mobile phone number used during the application process.
Career Opportunities for this Programme include:
– Application analyst
– Cyber security analyst
– Data analyst
– Data scientist
– Database administrator
– Information systems manager
– IT consultant
– IT technical support officer
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Tanzanian and EAC Students: $559
Tuition Fee per year for Tanzanian Students = 1,300,000 TZS
Tuition Fee per year for International Students = 5,785,500 TZS
**Students from Countries in the East African Community (EAC), pay the same amount as Tanzanian Students. EAC Countries include; Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda.
– In the Tuition Fee per year is included; Registration, tuition, examination, and library services
– Fees may be paid in two equal instalments, an instalment being due at the beginning of each semester prior to registration
– Fees once paid are not refundable
– The University reserves the right to change fees at any time
– Direct student fees have been bench-marked against Government rates, but sponsors may vary them according to their policies