By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$2,282 /year|
|Applications Begin:||January 2021|
|Final Award:||Master of Science in Information and Communication Technology|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
|Academic Unit:||School of Technology|
|Application Deadline:||June 2021|
This programme is primarily informed by ICT knowledge generation and application (skills). It takes a scientific approach to the study of ICT and is therefore guided principally by the understanding and application of theory.
Thus, the programme aims:
1. equip students with scientific knowledge for analytical thinking in ICT development and management
2. produce professionals that are able
– to engage in systematic thinking about the relationship between ICT and social systems, and
– to suggest innovative solutions.
3. to produce ICT academics and professionals required at various levels of the social, economic and industrial development of Ghana and elsewhere.
4. to prepare students for advanced research and dissemination of knowledge at the PhD level.
Below, there is a summary of the titles of all courses within the programme. All the courses have 3 credits except the MSc Project which has 6 credits.
– Computer Systems
– Decision Support Systems
– Advanced Data Communication & Computer Networks
– Wireless Network Architecture & Design
– Research Methods
– Software Engineering
– Professional Issues in ICT
– ICT Project Management
– Organisational Study of IS
– Information and Network Security
– Elective 1
IS Electives (4 credits each)
– IS in Public Administration (E-Government)
– Artificial Intelligence Applications
Applicants must have a minimum of 2nd Class Lower degree in ICT, Computer Science or ICT related discipline from an accredited university.
A formal interview may be used to determine the ability of all applicants to take and pass courses of the programme.
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– Database Analyst
– Privacy Coordinator
– Computer & Information Systems Manager
– Web Marketing Manager
– Information Security Analyst
– Digital Strategist
– Staff Technologist
– Computer Support Specialist
– Mobilization Specialist
– Government Technologist
– Information Assurance Analyst
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Ghanaian Students: $2,282
Tuition Fees per year for Ghanaian students = GHs.13,200
Tuition Fees per year for International students = GHs.34,627
Payment Plan-Percentage of Annual Fee:
– Fresh Students = First Semester : 60%, Second Semester: 40%
– Continuing Students = First Semester : 50%, Second Semester: 50%
Below are lecturers in the School of Technology:
Joseph K. Adjei, PhD
Senior Lecturer / Dean, School of Technology
Gamel O. Wiredu, PhD
Associate Professor / Head of Department / Head of Quality Assurance
Lecturer /HOD, Department of Computer Science
Dr. Emmanuel S. Adabor
Felicia Nana Ama Engmann
Nana M. A. Assyne
Daniel N. Treku
Emmanuel Antwi Boasiako
DR. OTENG GYASI KWAME
MR. EMMANUEL AYITEY DJABA
Justice Nueteh Terkper