By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$559 /year|
|Applications Begin:||June 2020|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Science in ICT with Business, B.Sc. ICT-B|
|Start Date:||October 2020|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Application Deadline:||September 2020|
Graduates from the programme will be prepared to work in business and general organization environment, providing services in terms of the following bundles of knowledge and expertise:
– Apply network design to small and medium scale networks.
– Administer the operation of a complete IT infrastructure.
– Customize and tune applications for the needs of a business.
– Effective human computer interface design for application systems.
– Perform programming and system development activities
– Perform software engineering related tasks
– Capable of co-working while supported with computer networks
– Capable of working as business managers and making business policies
– Development Perspectives
– Introduction to Information technology and System Organization
– Database and Database Systems
– Principle of computer programming (High level language)
– Elementary Statistics
– Object Oriented Programming with Java
– Computer Architecture
– Computer Networks
– Introductory Accounting
– Systems and Software Engineering
– System analysis and design
– Cost and management accounting
– Calculus and Foundation Analysis
– Advanced Computer Networks
– Web applications design and implementation with PHP or JSP
– Operating Systems
– Cost and management accounting
– Study Skills and Business Communication
– Small business management and entrepreneurship development
– Management of IT projects
– Informatics Research and development methodologies
– Strategic Business Management
– Final Year Projects
– Advanced Databases and Database Implementation
– E-business and E-commerce
– Cryptography and Network Security
– Collaborative networks and facilitating technologies
– Human computer interactions
– Social informatics
– Object oriented programming with C++
– Data warehousing
– Graduate of advanced certificate of secondary education,examination (ACSEE) with subject combination of PCM, PGM, EGM, or any other combination with advanced mathematics as a one of the major subjects. The applicants must possess at least a “Credit pass”of basic mathematics at O-level and at least “Principal pass”of advanced mathematics at A-level secondary school.
– Graduate of diploma in computer science or related discipline “with final score equivalent to an upper second of GPA system” and “with at least “Principal pass” grade of mathematics at A-level secondary school orat least “Credit pass” of mathematics at O-level secondary school”.
– Full technician certificate in computer science or related discipline with at least an average score of Bandat least a “Credit pass”of mathematics at O-level
How to Apply
All applications are made through the University Online Application and Admission Portal (MUAAAP) available at admission.mzumbe.ac.tz. Please follow carefully the steps in the online application system. Before you go to online application system, make sure you have an email address and a mobile phone number.
Before proceeding with the application take note of following:
(a) An application with Foreign Secondary Certificates must be accompanied by the National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) Equivalence translations.
(b) Applications with Foreign Certificates (Equivalent Qualifications) must be accompanied by the National Council for Technical Education (NACTE) Equivalence translations.
(c) Make payment of an application Fee, a Non-refundable TZS 10,000/=by following payment procedures after completing the Online Application and Admission System at admission.mzumbe.ac.tz
(d) Successful applicants will be notified through Mzumbe University Website, their system user accounts, email addresses and SMS through mobile phone number used during the application process.
Bachelor of Science in ICT with Business, B.Sc. ICT-B
– Business Analyst
– Computer Service Technician
– Cyber Security Specialist
– Data Analyst
– Data Scientist
– Database Administrator
– Database Analyst
– Hardware Engineer
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Tanzanian and EAC Students: $559
Tuition Fee per year for Tanzanian Students = 1,300,000 TZS
Tuition Fee per year for International Students = 5,785,500 TZS
**Students from Countries in the East African Community (EAC), pay the same amount as Tanzanian Students. EAC Countries include; Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda.
– In the Tuition Fee per year is included; Registration, tuition, examination, and library services
– Fees may be paid in two equal instalments, an instalment being due at the beginning of each semester prior to registration
– Fees once paid are not refundable
– The University reserves the right to change fees at any time
– Direct student fees have been bench-marked against Government rates, but sponsors may vary them according to their policies