By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$3,322 /year|
|Applications Begin:||January 2021|
|Final Award:||Masters of Arts in Human Rights Conflict and Peace Studies|
|Start Date:||August 2021|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Social Science Education|
|Application Deadline:||July 2021|
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The M. A. programme in Human Rights, Conflict and Peace Studies are aimed at:
– Providing students with competencies to function more effectively as in the field of Human Rights, Conflict and Peace Studies;
– Providing students with the needed skills needed for leading peacebuilding initiatives and the practical application of those skills in the context of the world-wide dynamics;
– Updating the capacities of peace experts, human rights educators and conflict resolution workers;
– Providing students with the understanding and skills that are required for success in the field of Human Rights, Conflict and Peace Studies;
– Providing students with in-service learning and/or practical learning experience in working with multi-ethnic and multicultural challenges in any required environment as shall be needed;
– Preparing students to undertake advance studies in the field of Human Rights, Conflict and Peace Studies at the MPhil and doctoral levels.
DURATION OF PROGRAMMES
– Unless otherwise stated in the regulations governing postgraduate programmes in the University as approved by the Academic/Graduate Board, the M.A. programme in Human Rights, Conflict and Peace Studies shall last for a minimum of two (2) consecutive semesters on Sandwich bases. Each semester shall last for 8 weeks during the University’s long vacation period.
– Candidates may be granted a year’s extension of programme, as stipulated in the regulations of the Graduate School, as and when the need arises.
– A candidate whose studentship is due to lapse shall be warned in writing at least one semester before the expiration of the studentship.
Applicants Should Follow the Guidelines below:
In all cases, the following documents should be attached to the completed online application forms:
– Copies of certificates
– Copies of Transcripts of academic record
– One recent passport-size photograph
– Three referees’ reports. (To be submitted directly by referees to) The Dean, School of Graduate Studies = UEWP.O. BOx 25WINNEBA
Applicants should note that:
-No application will be processed unless all requirements are fully met
– Any change of address must be communicated at once to the Dean, School of Graduate Studies
– A change of programme after submission of application forms will NOT be allowed
– ALL certificates and results slips other than those from the West African Examinations Council, the Universities in Ghana and Institutions accredited by the National Accreditation Board, should be cleared with the Accreditation Board and the evaluation report attached to the certificate(s)
– All applications must be submitted online at www.uew.edu.gh
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Ghanaian Students: $3,322
Tuition Fees per year for Ghanaian Students = 19,131GHS
The Tuition Fees for International Students, is divided into FOUR main categories:
Tuition Fees per year for West African Countries = 23,133GHS (West African Countries include; Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo)
Tuition Fees per year for Other African Countries = 25,937GHS
Tuition Fees per year for Carribean countries = 28,746GHS
Tuition Fees per year for All Other Foreign Countries = 31,549GHS
NOTE: Included in the fees of Final Year Students are;
– Congregation fee of GHS350.00
– Alumni dues GHS10.00