By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$654 /year|
|Applications Begin:||January 2021|
|Final Award:||Diploma in Human Resources Management|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Commerce|
|Campus:||Nakuru Town Campus|
|Application Deadline:||October 2021|
Diploma in Human Resource Management (DHRM) enables students to gain a clear understanding of various business disciplines i.e. (Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Insurance, Human Resource Management and Management Science). This enables them to relate various functional areas in the organizations and appreciate the need for Human Resource department activities of the various departments.
The diploma is a bridge to the Degree programme in business. It is a market driven-course which equips students with human resource managerial knowledge and skills that enable them to respond to the changing demand patterns in the market. A graduate who attains a credit or a distinction in this programme is eligible for credit transfer up to a maximum of 30% of total Credit Factors (C.Fs) in Bachelor in Commerce degree programmes.
By the end of the training the programme is expected to:
– Demonstrate understanding of the foundations and core modules of the Human Resource Management function in the organization.
– Appreciate the role and contribution of the Human Resource management function in the organization.
– Acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for setting up a Human Resource function in an organization..
– Appreciate the need and ways of acquiring professionalism in Human Resource Management.
– Prepare students for further studies in Human Resource field.
Course Structure and Duration
i). The duration of the course is two (2) academic years comprising of four (4) semesters of seventeen weeks each.
ii). The course coding is four capital letters DHRM standing for Diploma in Human Resource Management.
iii). The courses borrowed from other programmes have codes that reflect those programmes.
iv). The abbreviation is followed by a set of four digits as follows:
1. The first digit is zero (0) indicating a diploma programme
2. The second digit is either 1 or 2 denoting the year the course is offered.
3. The third digit indicates the semester in which the course is offered i.e. 1 or 2.
4. The last digit indicates the sequencing of the course i.e. 0,1,2,3……
All the examination of the university shall be conducted in accordance with university statutes stipulated in the university statute No XXVIII.
The grading system will be conducted in accordance with Egerton University statutes XXVIII.
To graduate with a bachelor of commerce, a student shall be required to take and pass all scheduled courses within stipulated time.
The Bachelors degree classification shall be in accordance with Egerton university statute programs statute XXVIII
i). The common University admission criteria are applicable. In addition:
ii). The candidate must have obtained at least a mean grade of C (Plain) at Kenya Certificate of Secondary School or Division III at Kenya Certificate of Education (KCE) or equivalent qualification.
iii). The candidate must have also obtained at least a C- (Minus) in mathematics and at least a C- (Minus) in English or Kiswahili.
iv). Candidates with a mean grade of C (plain) but have less than C-(Minus) in Mathematics and English or Kiswahili can be admitted after bridging in the respective subjects.
v). Candidates with a credit in certificate in Business field from Institutions recognized by the Academic Board and having a mean grade of D+ (Plus) or equivalent in their (KCSE) are also eligible for admission.
vi). Holders of Accounting Technicians Certificates (ATC) final level are also eligible for admission.
Required Documents to be attached during Application include:
– Certified copies of your Result Slip, Certificates and Transcripts.
– ORIGINAL RECEIPT (Application Fee): KShs. 2,000 for ALL Degree Programmes and Kshs. 1,000 for all Undergraduate Diploma Programmes: Payable to; Account Name; Egerton University, Kenya Commercial Bank; Account No:1108550703.
– Copy of your National ID Card or Birth Certificate.
Online application procedure
– Simply complete the Egerton University Online Application form and upload all the necessary documents, so that it can be processed by the administrative department
– The application will be complete once all the necessary fees have been paid.
Offline Application Procedure
– An Application form can be downloaded through the school website: http://www.egerton.ac.ke/index.php/Dean-of-Students/application-forms-and-resgistration-forms.html
– The application form must be fully filled and the relevant academic documents attached. It must be returned to the admissions office of the university according to the deadline set by the admissions office.
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– Human Resources Manager
– Employee Relations Manager
– Compensation or Benefit Analyst/Manager
– HR Information Systems Manager
– Training and Development Manager
– Labor Relations Manager
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan and East African Community Students: $654
Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students = Kshs. 72,000
Tuition Fees for International Students = Kshs. 93,600
EAC (East African Community) Students pay the same amount as Kenyan students. Countries in the East African Community include; Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda.
– Foreign students out of the East African Community pay 30% more that the Kenyan students.
– The University reviews tuition fees on a regular basis.