By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$559 /year|
|Applications Begin:||June 2020|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Human Resource Management|
|Start Date:||October 2020|
|Academic Unit:||School of Public Administration and Management|
|Application Deadline:||September 2020|
Objective and Description
This is a three year programme for middle level professionals in human resources management. The program covers six (6) semesters of 17 weeks each. It requires candidates to successfully complete a total of sixty (60) credit points, including field project in the fifth semester of the study.
The program is designed to provide job-based training to future human resource specialists to serve in both public and private sector organizations. It is a professionally tailored program to meet the growing demand for well-trained and skilled human resource managers, who can greatly contribute in helping organizations acquire, develop, motivate, and effectively utilize the most valuable organizational asset (the people) and consequently achieve intended corporate results.
It also equips candidates with theoretical foundations to develop independent analysis of issues and pursue higher degree programmes successfully.
– Principles of Management
– Development Perspectives
– Introduction to Administrative Law
– Basic Applied Mathematics and Statistics
– Communication Skills in Management
– Labour Law
– Economics Introduction to Economics
– Introduction to Office and Records Management
– Introduction to Public Administration
– Ethics and Good Governance
– Industrial Relations and Legislation
– Organizational behaviour
– Basic Accounting & Financial Management
– Principles of Human Resource Management
– Human Resource Planning and Budgeting
– Strategic management
– Fundamentals of Recruitment and Selection
– Social Science Research Methods
– Customer service management
– Human Resource Development
– Field Attachment
– Managing Partnerships in Public Service
– Strategic Negotiation and Mediation
– Human Resource Management Inform Systems
– Performance and Reward Management
At least two (2) principal passes and one subsidiary pass at A-Level. Where the principal passes do not include English, an applicant must have obtained at least a credit in English Language at O-Level. Minimum admission point: 4.5.
Diploma in Human Resources Management, Public Administration, Social Work, Business Administration or Local Governance Management, Diploma in Records and Archives, Diploma in Community Development, Diploma in Management and Secretarial Services with an average of “B” or GPA of 3.0.
How to Apply
All applications are made through the University Online Application and Admission Portal (MUAAAP) available at admission.mzumbe.ac.tz. Please follow carefully the steps in the online application system. Before you go to online application system, make sure you have an email address and a mobile phone number.
Before proceeding with the application take note of following:
(a) An application with Foreign Secondary Certificates must be accompanied by the National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) Equivalence translations.
(b) Applications with Foreign Certificates (Equivalent Qualifications) must be accompanied by the National Council for Technical Education (NACTE) Equivalence translations.
(c) Make payment of an application Fee, a Non-refundable TZS 10,000/=by following payment procedures after completing the Online Application and Admission System at admission.mzumbe.ac.tz
Career Opportunities for Bachelor of Human Resource Management include:
– Business adviser
– Careers adviser
– Data scientist
– Higher education lecturer
– Life coach
– Management consultant
– Operational researcher
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Tanzanian and EAC Students: $559
Tuition Fee per year for Tanzanian Students = 1,300,000 TZS
Tuition Fee per year for International Students = 5,785,500 TZS
**Students from Countries in the East African Community (EAC), pay the same amount as Tanzanian Students. EAC Countries include; Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda.
– In the Tuition Fee per year is included; Registration, tuition, examination, and library services
– Fees may be paid in two equal instalments, an instalment being due at the beginning of each semester prior to registration
– Fees once paid are not refundable
– The University reserves the right to change fees at any time
– Direct student fees have been bench-marked against Government rates, but sponsors may vary them according to their policies