By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$326 /year|
|Applications Begin:||May 2021|
|Final Award:||Diploma in Human Resource Management|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
|Academic Unit:||College of Economics and Managements|
|Application Deadline:||September 2021|
The College of Economics and Management of Kampala International University recognizes the fact that human resource persons, regardless of their teaching subjects, are supposed to possess generic competence as a result of their training.
It is therefore the duty of this college to provide the trainees with the basic as well as advanced theoretical and practical knowledge of their respective specialization subjects, and exposes them to better awareness of the various factors that influence (or has influenced) Modern approaches to human resource management.
The Diploma in human resource management has been conceived in the light of the above. It is designed in response to the current demands for strong first Diploma in terms of academic and professional content so as to enable them after graduating to compete competently in the ever-thinning world market.
The department of human resource and procurement is consciously aware that to be able to serve and indeed survive effectively in the rapidly changing competitive environment, the academic programmes offered must be designed and developed with the clear aim of meeting high academic and professional standards of the qualifications and products of the University.
Objectives of the Programme:
The general objective is to enable students to take full advantage of their study experience and to better prepare them for future managerial employment and further study in the HRM field, course delivery is structured to student and assessment focused and ‘Real –World oriented, allowing students to relate their learning to their own experience and to the wider business world around them.
The programme is delivered in the form of lectures, guest presentations, group discussion, individual and group exercises (including role-playing exercises), videos, case study analysis, and topic-specific workshops/seminars the nature of the module is essentially participative.
The nature of the module is essentially a participative student contact is also warmly welcomed on the programme use of the university library provided by is especially recommended to students for assistance with coursework issues or any course topic their assistance with.
Vision: To be recognized and referenced as the foremost institution of higher learning in East Africa for those seeking studies in Human Resource Management.
Mission: To generate and transmit knowledge as well as develop the skills and attitudes amongst our students that prepares them to be able to successfully manage the financial aspect of any company and at any level as well as transition into degree programs relevant to their professional aspirations.
Philosophy of the Programme: This program is designed to provide students with the general knowledge of human resource management and to prepare them for a role in business.
– Candidates admitted to the programme must be holders of the Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) or its equivalent, with at least two principal passes in the relevant subjects.
– Holders of relevant Diplomas in related subjects from Kampala International University or other recognized institution will be eligible for admission to the degree course.
Kampala International University admits 3 times in a year; in December/January, March/April and August/September.
Step 1: Pick-up an application form from the Admissions office at any of our Campuses below:
– Admission office at Main Campus in Kansanga, Kampala.
– Western Campus in Bushenyi
– For international applicants in Kenya and Tanzania, visit our offices in Nairobi and Tanzania.
– For other countries, visit the KIU Liaison Offices.
– Alternatively, download an application form from KIU website: Download It Here which can be filled and sent to email@example.com
NOTE: Click on the link to complete the online application: https://admissions.kiu.ac.ug (a scanned copy of the admission letter will be sent to your email, and once the application has been approved, the original copy will be collected from our Main campus in Kansanga (Admissions Office-Online Desk)
The application fee is 50,000Ug.shs for both Ugandans and International students (non-Ugandans). For online applicants, the application fee is paid to the Finance Office when you report collecting the original admission.
Step 2: Complete the application forms clearly and enclose or attach the following:
– 3 photocopies of each ‘O’ and ‘A’ Level Secondary school result slips or equivalent [Diploma and Bachelor Degree] and three certified copies of transcripts of Bachelor and Master Degrees [postgraduate degrees].
– A photocopy of a receipt for payment for the application form.
– 3 recent passport size photographs.
– Photocopies of Birth Certificate/ National ID/ Passport
Step 3: Submit a fully completed form with the required attachments to the following addresses:
– By physical submission – kindly return form and attachments to the Admission office.
– By email – kindly send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
– By post – kindly send to:
The Director of Admissions, Kampala International University
Tel: +256-041-266813, +256-392001816, +256-041-267634
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– Administrative Services Managers.
– Compensation and Benefits Managers.
– Compensation, Benefits, and Job Analysis Specialists.
– Human Resources Specialists.
– Labor Relations Specialists.
– Top Executives.
– Training and Development Managers.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Ugandan Students: $326
Tuition Fees for Ugandan Students = 1,200,000 UGX
Tuition Fees for International Students = 3,007,699 UGX
**The Kampala International University reserves the right to change fees without prior notice. However, fee changes are subject to approval by the Governing Council.