By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$3,754 /year|
|Applications Begin:||April 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Arts in History of Art|
|Start Date:||February 2022|
|Academic Unit:||Faculty of Humanities|
|Application Deadline:||September 2021|
History of Art is one of the cornerstones of an arts degree, complementing disciplines such as Anthropology, English, Archaeology, Philosophy, and Sociology as well as professional degrees including Fine Art, Dramatic Art, Digital Arts, and Film and Television.
In a world powerfully shaped by the visual, a degree in art history provides the skills to understand, critically analyse and intervene in the visual world and its impact on how we think and act.
– GENERAL BA
– APS 34+
– English Home Language OR First Additional Language Level 5
Applicants with entry requirements of at least 30-33 APS points are wait-listed, subject to place availability.
English Language (O/IGCSE Level: A-C | AS Level: A-C | A Level: A-C)
– The Student Enrolment Centre at Wits handles all student applications.
– Check the admission requirements for your degree. Check if any additional selection requirements apply.
– Submit your application, required documentation and application fee before the closing date.
– Local Students pay an application fee of R100 while International Students pay R700
– Once you have applied, an admissions consultant will be assigned to your application.
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– Museum registrar
– Museum technician
– Art restorers
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for South African and SADC Students: $3,754
Tuition Fees per year for South African Students = R56,920
Tuition Fees per year for International Students = R113840
(The tuition fees for International students includes an additional International Registration fee R6,650 to the normal fees.)
**Students from the Southern African Development Community (SADC) member countries pay also annual local tuition fees and related costs (The SADC member countries are Angola, Botswana, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Eswatini, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe)
International Students should take note:
– 75% of the annual tuition fee is payable on or before registration, as well as 75% of the on-campus accommodation fee.
– This payment includes the annual tuition fees and other related costs.
– The balance of the fees is payable by 31 March for undergraduate students, and for postgraduate students 30 days after registration. This excludes students with Refugee status.
– Fees clearance is to be obtained from the Fees Office.
– If you are sponsored, your sponsorship letter has to be vetted by the Financial Aid and Scholarships
– All international students (those who are not South African citizens or who do not have permanent residence status in South Africa) are required by the Department of Home Affairs to provide proof of available funds for the tuition fee for the academic year prior to receiving his/her study visa.