By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$345 /year|
|Applications Begin:||July 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Arts in History|
|Start Date:||October 2021|
|Academic Unit:||College of Humanities and Social Sciences|
|Application Deadline:||August 2021|
The aim of this programme is to provide skill-oriented training in historical scholarship. This is a broad based degree Programme that aim at engaging the minds and imagination of students who study it; introducing students towards times, places, and cultures including theirs. At the end of the course, history students are expected to be professional information gatherers, archivists, documentalists, record managers, local historians, cultural officers and community managers, teachers of history in secondary schools and colleges.
Finally on accomplishing this programme students will be able to demonstrate competency in the crucial skills of historical explanation and synthesis.Learning modalities in this programme will include lectures, tutorial/seminars, and assignments, practical and self study. Combination of these activities will ensure participation of lecturers and learners in learning through discussion during seminars/tutorials and consultation hours.
Two principal passes, one in History
Diploma in Education (History as one of teaching subject) with an average of “B” or GPA of
3.0 and four passes at O‟ level.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to lodge applications directly to the University of Dodoma through the UDOM Online Admission System (OAS) at https://application.udom.ac.tz.
**An Application fee of 10,000 TZS, is expected to be paid by all Applicants
NOTE: The Application Deadline is in August.
Graduate of BA History will be able to:
– Understand the philosophical and theoretical foundations of historical scholarship.
– Work on aspects related to world history, capitalism and imperialism, African history and the history of Tanzania.
– Work as professional information gatherers, archivists, documentalists and record managers;
– Work as local historians, cultural officers and community managers.
– Work cultural heritage and conservation professionals.
– To advice on key issues related to heritage policy and legislation in the national context and beyond
– Teach history in Secondary Schools and related institutions
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Tanzanian and SADC Students: $345
Tuition Fees for Tanzanian Students = 800,000 TZS
Tuition Fees for International Students = 1,959,642 TZS
Students from countries in the Southern African Development Community (SADC), also pay the same fee as local Students. The 16 Countries in the SADC region include: Angola, Botswana, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Eswatini, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
– All students are required to pay full tuition fees for the year. Payment by installments will only be permitted under special arrangements. It is the responsibility of the students to arrange for the payment of fees by the sponsor or the Higher Education Students‟ Loans Board (HESLB). No student will be allowed to use University facilities before payment of the required fees.
– Students who fail to pay will be expelled from the university.