By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
|Tuition Fees:||$19,241 /year|
|Applications Begin:||January 2021|
|Final Award:||Bachelor of Arts in History|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
|Academic Unit:||School of Humanities and Social Sciences|
|Application Deadline:||March 2021|
AUC’s history major covers a range of European, American and Middle Eastern topics, and allows students the flexibility to develop and pursue their own interests. All courses develop in students an appreciation of the richness, complexity, and diversity of past civilizations, allowing them to examine the human experience in its fullest dimensions.
The program as a whole gives students appropriate historical, academic and personal competencies, develops their intellectual sophistication, and provides a solid foundation for their future lives, preparing them for a wide variety of subsequent careers, from law or diplomacy to journalism or business.
Students interested in declaring History as their major must take at least two courses in History the year they join the major and pass an interview to be conducted by the Department Academic Advisor.
Core Curriculum (40 credits)
Concentration Requirements (36 credits)
– Historical Theory and Methodology (3 cr.)
Eleven additional history courses,
1. of which at least eight must be above the 2000 level
2. and four in subjects other than the history of the Middle East
Students must consult with their advisors to ensure that their courses provide an appropriate coverage of different historical periods.
38-50 credits, to be selected in consultation with a history faculty advisor.
The university and the Egyptian Ministry of Education require that all students joining AUC undergraduate program complete a minimum of twelve years of primary and secondary education prior to enrollment in university courses. Applicants must provide proof, that they have completed at least twelve years of education.
All undergraduate degree-seeking admission applicants are required to submit official secondary school academic transcripts, and certificates. Applicants who have attempted post-secondary studies must also submit official academic transcripts, and/ certificates from each post-secondary school attended regardless of whether they have earned credit or seek transfer credit. All academic records not in English or Arabic must be accompanied by certified English translations.
All undergraduate degree applicants must demonstrate proficiency in English by submitting valid Academic IELTS, or International TOEFL or completed college-level English coursework.
Non-Egyptian Applicants and/or their sponsors must provide official evidence indicating that a minimum of $36,000 is available to cover the tuition, fees, travel, and living expenses for the first year of study at the University’
How to Apply
1- Submit the online application form. (Application is available online only). The application can be renewed from the fall to the spring semester of the same academic year only. A new application should be submitted for a new academic year.
2- Fulfill the requirements of your secondary school certificate. The most common secondary school certificates accepted by AUC are listed below. The minimum cut-off scores for each certificate may change from one semester to another according to University requirements. Having the minimum academic requirements does not grant you an offer of a place but rather ensures entry to the selection process.
– Thanawiya Amma
– German Abitur
– IGCSE/GCSE/GCE British Certificate
– International Baccalaureate
– French Baccalaureate
– American High School Diploma
– Canadian Certificates
– Other Certificates
1. Late submission of admission credentials decreases your chances of declaring science and engineering majors because places in these programs are limited.
2. Check that you have fulfilled all the University’s language requirements, as demonstrated by your TOEFL/IELTS scores.
– Results of the TOEFL/IELTS exams may be sent directly to the admissions office. AUC’s code number is 0903
– Both tests should be completed no more than two years prior to the first day of the term for which you are applying for admission
– English placement depends on your TOEFL/IELTS test scores
– Students who believe their placement in the ELI is not appropriate for their level of English proficiency are encouraged to re-take the TOEFL or IELTS. AUC does not offer “exemption” exams of any kind
– The deadline to submit improved English placement test scores is the last working day before the first day of classes each semester
3. Check that you have submitted all required documents by the set deadlines. Your application and a final admission decision will be pending the submission of all these documents. Applications submitted after the set deadlines will be considered according to space availability.
4. Provisional Admission: AUC considers the most academically qualified applicants for provisional admission if they earned excellent grades or submitted the necessary documents prior to the set deadlines.
5. Final acceptance will be given after submitting your final transcript and proof of graduation by or before the assigned deadlines.
About the Application Deadlines:
**Spring Semester (American system) which begins in January and ends in early May, has as Undergraduate Application Deadline October 1, 2020.
**Fall Semester (American system) which starts in late August and ends in late December, has as Undergraduate Application Deadline March 1, 2021.
Career Opportunities for Bachelor of Arts in History include:
– Museum Researcher
– Media Researcher
– Museum Curator
– Museum Education Officer
– Heritage Industry
– Archivist/Records Manager
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Egyptian Students: $19,241
**Tuition Fee per year for Egyptian Students: 305,827EGP ($19,410)
**Tuition Fee per year for International Students: 347,424EGP ($22,050)
– The tuition rate is based on a flat rate of $647 for Egyptian students per credit hour and $735 for international students per credit hour.
– Tuition fees for Egyptian students may be paid in Egyptian pounds according to CIB (Commercial International Bank) exchange rate on the day of payment. Tuition fees for international students must be paid in US dollars.
– Tuition fees are collected each semester. No student with an outstanding bill (including charges for breakage or library fines) will be admitted to any examination, given any certificate or report of academic standing, or be permitted to register for a subsequent semester.