By submitting this form, you give us consent to send your details to the school of your interest. This will allow the school to contact you and provide you with further information.
AfriUni.com will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. We will only provide your information to schools which you have requested information from via our site.
By disclosing your personal information by using this website, AfriUni.com will also send you an informative monthly email newsletter and may send other information regarding schools and courses we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
BSc programme in Geomatic Engineering offered by the department is a five year course which aims to offer sound training and research in spatial information disciplines of geospatial engineering and geospatial information systems (GIS). Students are trained to know various methods and techniques of acquiring, storing, managing, processing, analysis, modeling and dissemination of geo-referenced spatial position or location based information geo-spatial information.
The programme essentially integrates modern spatial data acquisition methods with computer based data management systems. It has its roots in mapping surveying and cartography with current developments in geo-statistics, web mapping, neo-geography and geo-visual analytics amongst other disciplines.
Over 80% of all data handled in the world today contains a spatial/location/positional component. In addition, there is a growing interest from various disciplines to integrate the spatial component into their daily business for instance air, sea and ground navigation.
In addition to university and faculty of engineering common regulations the following requirements should be fulfilled by prospective candidates:
1) Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) applicants should satisfy all the requirements below:
– A candidate must have a mean aggregate of at least grade B– (minus);
-The mean grade for the total score in the four cluster subjects must be at least B (plain)
2) Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education (KACE) or the A-level equivalent should satisfy all the requirements below:
– At least two principal passes in Mathematics and Physics;
– At least a total score of nine (9) points at the KACE or equivalent;
– At least a credit pass in chemistry at the KCE or its equivalent.
3) Diploma applicants:
A candidate must be a holder of JKUAT diploma in engineering with at least a credit pass in the relevant discipline. (Entry point for Diploma holders with a credit is at 2nd year while that for Higher Diploma holders is at 3rd year.)
4) A holder of other qualifications recognized by the Senate as equivalent to 1, 2 and 3 above.
How to Apply
Application Requirements for qualified students:
– A dully filled registration form – to be obtained from the offices/website upon payment of non-refundable fee.
– Two passport size photos.
– Copies of relevant certificates
Applications for the courses are on official application forms.
1. click to download JKUAT IT Department application form. or obtain a hand-copy from the office.
2. Pay a non-refundable application fee as follows:
– Certificates: Kshs500
– Diplomas: 1000
– Degrees: Kshs1,500
– Masters: 1,500
Bank Account Numbers:
– Standard Chartered Bank Account number 0108023434900
– Barclays Bank Account Number 0775001216
– Co-operative Bank of Kenya Account Number 01129098952900
– National Bank Account Number 0100359580600
– Equity Bank Account Number 0090291251426
Career opportunities for this programme include:
– Professional land surveying.
– Navigation systems engineering.
– Urban planning.
– Geographic information systems engineering.
– Geodetic engineering.
– Geospatial software development.
– Pipeline integrity management.
Array ( [ID] => 1631 [key] => field_5a5d9edc676a4 [label] => Tuition Fees Duration [name] => tuition_fees_duration [prefix] => acf [type] => select [value] => /year [menu_order] => 49 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => 169 [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => 50 [class] => [id] => ) [choices] => Array ( [/year] => /year [/month] => /month [/trimester] => /trimester [/semester] => /semester [for the full programme] => for the full programme ) [default_value] => Array ( ) [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [ui] => 0 [ajax] => 0 [return_format] => value [placeholder] => [_name] => tuition_fees_duration [_valid] => 1 )Tuition Fees for Kenyan and East Africa Community Students: $1,851
Tuition Fees for Kenyan Students = Kshs203,742
Tuition Fees for International Students = Kshs244,490
**EAC (East African Community) Students pay the same amount as Kenyan students. Countries in the East African Community include; Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda.
NOTE: The tuition fees charged, may vary from programme to programme and from time to time, with foreign students paying 20% more that the Kenyan students.